Moving front axle forward question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I want to move the front axle forward one inch. I bought some shims/spacers to move the axle forward 1”. After install the U n bolts are at a sight angle vs straight up/down. Is this normal or did I do something wrong? Thanks

11823D7F-1B3C-4FBC-9E2B-125FF5FDD58F.jpeg

Purely for looks, closer to being centered in the wheel well. And if I ever go with 35” tires that part will be done.
ohh I see. each to own mate. Good when doing it yourself. My indie mechanic mate injured his arm with 4wd tyres getting bigger and bigger, in his eyes unnecessary..
should get another lc and build it instead! excellent long term investment, interesting and fun. as you know, you are on a winner :D

Why not flip the springs around ? With this spacer you lost some of the lift and it's that little bit that you might need to clear those 35's in the future.

its going to be normal because the axle is no longer in the centerline of the spring pin and bottom plate.

you do have a couple options, you can redrill that thick ass plate on the bottom of those parabolics so the bottom bolt plate will move to the new axle center, and you can toss that new adaptor and redrill the perch to get the 1/4" of lift back

course drilling the thick spacer plate on the parablic might open a new can of worms with any leverage you may put on the parabolics as a pinch point because of the way they are manufactured with a taper, you could be forever chasing a continually loosening front u bolt, for example

prolly the best thing is to flip the springs around as Joe mentioned

Last edited:
how are these plates supposed to work?
the only way I know is to re drill the axel perch and bottom plate

how are these plates supposed to work?
the only way I know is to re drill the axel perch and bottom plate
I didn’t get a picture but I got a plate with two holes from the center pin, one is 1” away the other is .5” on the other side of the center pin. Put which ever distance you want over the pin out of the leaf and put the pin on the pad into the axle. Make sense?

i have a feeling if you re drill the bottom plate to match how much the axel moved then your u bolts would be straight up and down

*drill new leaf center pin hole in bottom plate

Last edited:
Yes you need to drill the U-bolt plate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom