For Sale Most recent 200 Series purchase prices (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi! IF you're willing to share, I thought it might be helpful for the rest of us to better understand what the market prices are for the 200 series (and LX 570 I suppose). I'm personally looking for one, have found a few, and curious what others' purchase prices have been so I can negotiate (or not) properly.

Please share purchase price, year, mileage at purchase, and location (east/west/south, etc...)

Thanks and happy hunting for those also looking.

Well you get what you paid for. I flew out to CA from MN for the “clean” 17 with 67k miles. Man that thing was rough. I swallowed my pride and walked away. I’m back on the market! If you see this one pop up make sure you get a good look at it before buying!

IMG_9503.jpeg

Yes. It was a solid pass for me. All of the trims is popping off, faded, all the rubber bits are falling off. There is some weird paint anamolies making me thing there was paint work. The exhaust is not my thing either. Interior is OK. They told me they put 6.3k into it to make it look that “good”. They should have told me that before hand.

Yes. It was a solid pass for me. All of the trims is popping off, faded, all the rubber bits are falling off. There is some weird paint anamolies making me thing there was paint work. The exhaust is not my thing either. Interior is OK. They told me they put 6.3k into it to make it look that “good”. They should have told me that before hand.
Sorry. That is incredibly frustrating.

I wasn't impressed from the photos you posted.

Did you verify full CA life?

The skid plate has the light but everywhere surface rust. I'm not sold.

Beware of this truck - in Dallas at Jupiter Chevrolet. Good price and low miles, but the dealership will tell you 'they only use autocheck'. Autocheck on the truck shows no accidents - but when I ran Carfax it came back with a 'moderate' accidnet down the drivers side.

Not to mention - truck has mismatched tires 🤮

Beware of this truck - in Dallas at Jupiter Chevrolet. Good price and low miles, but the dealership will tell you 'they only use autocheck'. Autocheck on the truck shows no accidents - but when I ran Carfax it came back with a 'moderate' accidnet down the drivers side.

Not to mention - truck has mismatched tires 🤮
Don't be scared to post a VIN. It helps future searches:

JTJHY7AXXD4111795

Time to stoke the flames---get prepared for 200 series prices to decline after Doug Demuro blasts his reliability experience!

(I think I need to mention that I'm being facetious here but I hope this does lessen some of the BaT/carsandbids pricing demand)

I think Doug made some money and got soft. All he does is complain these days and sell cars he said he’d never sell.

Edit: I’m only 9 mins in so unless something big happens, he hit a deer, he let it sit for 60+ days and the alternator died, and then he took it to koons for service…doesn’t sound like the LC’s fault.

Last edited:
I watch a lot of Doug's videos, a little long winded but I usually find value with his insight. In this video he has an LC with 100K miles on it and replaced normal wear items as preventive maintenance. Seems his major complaint is what the dealership charged for those repairs and not so much the reliability of the truck other than having the alternator fail twice, witch I agree is unusual but might have something to do with the salt environment it is continually subject to, who knows.

It's an unreasonable expectation for anyone to 1) expect that a 10-year-old vehicle with roughly 100,000+ miles to not have maintenance issues and 2) expect that a vehicle will always be reliable when it is not used regularly and sits for extended periods of time.

Hopefully the scary numbers he paid for maintenance will scare people away from Land Cruiser ownership.

It's also somewhat comical to me that he was under the presumption that Land Cruisers don't require buckets of cash to maintain and operate once they are outside of warranty.

Looking at this, 2021 Lexus certified lx570 2 row $54k, good deal? Is rust an issue after only a few years in New Jersey? My last lc had major frame issues, a New York car too long

Yes, it can get affected that fast. Maybe not to the point where something is wrong but it's definitely starting out on the wrong foot.

I don't actually see the carfax in the stuff on the dealer's website. Did you confirm where it lived the first years?

Last edited:
But wow, $54k for a 2021 LX570 (200 series) seems like a great deal.
I got CARFAX and spec sheet. Warranty for 30 months. New Jersey car entire time. Seems like there are better deals on the east coast if you look.

I am reluctantly ready to move on. I really need a truck. I have looked around this tread and Auto Trader to get an idea on pricing, which seem to be a little disjointed, and I am having trouble finding anything comparable. I would appreciate any thoughts on pricing of the below. I was thinking $60k, but I am just not sure.

2018 - Metallic Gray over Terra. 85k miles. Texas vehicle. No mods other than tires and mats.

View attachment 3582391

View attachment 3582393

View attachment 3582399
Anyone? I am seeing high $50's to $69k in my area.

Anyone near Corpus Christi available to inspect a 2018 for me? I suppose I could pay a dealer to do it again…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom