Most common water leaks?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I believe my water leak might be causing my P0705 code and flashing park light. I've cleaned the sunroof drains(were partially clogged) but the sunroof seal appears to be in good shape and sunroof seals up tight. The PO changed the windshield with a aftermarket one so I'm wondering what everyone's water leaks experiences are out there with the windshield being the culprit??

So I believe my water leak might be causing my P0705 code and flashing park light. I've cleaned the sunroof drains(were partially clogged) but the sunroof seal appears to be in good shape and sunroof seals up tight. The PO changed the windshield with a aftermarket one so I'm wondering what everyone's water leaks experiences are out there with the windshield being the culprit??
Windshield leaks are (unfortunately) common after windshield replacement. Can you hear any air leaks when driving at speed?

A quick test can be to put painters tape over the top windshield seal area (from roof paint to glass), as well as completely covering the windshield pillars (again from paint to glass), and then spraying those areas with a pressure washer. Then do it without painters tape one section at a time. You can then try and pin down if there is a certain area that is leaking past the windshield seal.

Windshield installer last one I did tested his work by spraying soapy water around the outside edge of the windshield and then blowing compressed air from inside the truck around the edge as well.

Yep, having issues myself. I was driving home the other day, in the rain, with the sunroof closed but screen pulled back when I came up on some traffic. As I applied the brakes and slowed to a stop I suddenly felt water dripping on the top of my head. Pita.

Also dealing with intermittent water dripping onto the passenger side floormat coming from, I believe, just under the glovebox door. I'm having trouble replicating this one and can't figure out if its an AC issue or if its windshield related. The window trip is sticking up on the passenger side going from just above the top of the windshield up to the joint located near the base of the front passenger corner of the roof rack, it's probably about 1.5-2'' above the base of the channel. Pita. I'm torn on what to do there because even if that's not the cause of the leak it still needs to be taken care of, just don't know how to go about that.

Yep, having issues myself. I was driving home the other day, in the rain, with the sunroof closed but screen pulled back when I came up on some traffic. As I applied the brakes and slowed to a stop I suddenly felt water dripping on the top of my head. Pita.

Also dealing with intermittent water dripping onto the passenger side floormat coming from, I believe, just under the glovebox door. I'm having trouble replicating this one and can't figure out if its an AC issue or if its windshield related. The window trip is sticking up on the passenger side going from just above the top of the windshield up to the joint located near the base of the front passenger corner of the roof rack, it's probably about 1.5-2'' above the base of the channel. Pita. I'm torn on what to do there because even if that's not the cause of the leak it still needs to be taken care of, just don't know how to go about that.
I have the exact same drip under the glovebox which is super frustrating. it's not the AC, as that's a totally separate issue, it happens only after heavy rain.

I recently had the windshield replaced due to other issues but that didn't help at all with fixing leaks ( or making new ones ).

Another issue I get is some moisture in my sunroof area, and after a hard rain, ill have water drip down into the rear footwell from above the rear cupholders. really frustrating, and I'm not too sure where to start. I cleaned out the sunroof drains as well a few weeks back and no issue there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom