Monkey Creek Outing on May 1st (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nottajeep

Enemies of the State
SILVER Star
Threads
Talking with a friend last night about wheel'n and he mentioned a west texas fundraiser going on in my old neck of the woods (Quanah).
Anyway, he's been before and said it's a good time. I found a link to some info on the web, but still looking for more info.
Monkey Creek (Good Times) | MySpace

Thought I would pass on to my LC folks. I plan on going if I can get some cheap tires by then.:steer:

I will be driving up 287 through Quanah on either Friday the 30th or Saturday the 1st on my way to southern Utah. Can't stop to wheel but I'll be looking for any other 4WD trucks on the road I guess. Wave if you see a Rustic Green 40 with the hard top still on, in the slow lane.

Monkey Creek Oct 1-3 in West/Panhandle Texas

This event "Monkey Creek" is held 2 times a year. The 2nd annual event is this October 1-3. I will be attending and representing what a LC is to all the Heeps. Last time they thought I should be hauling kids to soccer and then I went out on the trail:flipoff2:. Just ordered my Aussie rear and this will be the first time out wheel'n it.:cheers:

I might MAYBE be able to make this, but later in the same month Im either going to ICBM or some other thing down south with rocks (I dont even remember where it is...) I would like to do both tho!

Yea, there are a LOT of events coming in October:clap:. Monkey Creek is a fun:hillbilly: hick-town event. Lot's of good folks like other Yoda events. Everyone is welcome! I know the family that owns all the acreage... As I get more info, I will post it. The location is relatively close to Copper Breaks State Park.
I am probably only going to get a kitchen pass for two outings in October. This is one and then I have to choose between Hot Springs and ICBM.

Get more info on it and pricing ect, and it may be possible for me to make it up there for the weekend.

If the video from the link you posted is that property looks like a lot of granite like the old K Rocks.

1911-
Where in southern Utah? We are leaving on that Friday (maybe Thursday night), and doing that same drive to Moab. Will be there for several days of mountain biking, and will head down to the Red Bull Rampage at least one of those days....

1911-
Where in southern Utah? We are leaving on that Friday (maybe Thursday night), and doing that same drive to Moab. Will be there for several days of mountain biking, and will head down to the Red Bull Rampage at least one of those days....

I spent that week (May 1st through 9th including travel up and back) doing the Hotel Rock trail, Mule Canyon, Dark Canyon, Ruin canyon, the Beef Basin and the Needles District of Canyonlands (including Elephant Hill). Started in Blanding and ended up at the Needles Outpost and then Monticello.

Last edited:
Well I don't want to promise what the terrain will hold. They have been cutting a lot of new trails with the outings over the past few years. This is a private owner event, who has 2200+ acres, and like I said they are good fun people, who happen to wheel with you. The cost to get in the gate is normal to small say ~$30 for a rig. Last year, they didn't even charge for my 80 thinking it won't go far :)

Anyway, these rednecks do not formalize stuff and make it all official. They say here is when the gates open: noon Oct 1st and will close when everyone leaves that Sunday.
I grabed a heep board that has some discussion from 2 yrs back. Not much as changed out in W TX.
Monkey Creek (North Texas) March 13, 14, 15 - Lone Star Jeep Club
I'll be there and would love to see any LSLC folks wheel'n too! Like I said everyone is welcome and it's a good group. If not, I'll see you in Hot Springs. HAHA