Mod Mania (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brentbba

Former Golfer
Threads
Found this old thread while doing a search and had to laugh at my own responses at the time. I should add that my response to Beo's comments occured 9/24/04.

#1. I now have Hanna Sliders and a Kaymar rear bumper with tire carrier.
#2. Installed Slee's skid plate this past weekend.
#3. Still very, very doubtful.
#4. Doubtful - really like the Bridgestone Revo's.
#5. Miller's Jeep trail added some lovely pinstripes!

Damn - this is addicting and FUN! Good folks I've met have added most to the experience so far tho!!! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf
Brent,
You've got the bug.

Next up:
1. Slee armour (Sliders, rear tyre carrier, front bumper)
2. Skid plates
3. Winch
4. Some real tyres that sing and have knobbies
5. Some mud and scratches instead of those tiny golf bag scuff marks.

-B-

LOL!

Yea - boards like this can be habit forming (I'm a lifer now) and expensive.

1. Wish I had the disposable $$. All get's spent on #5 part 2 (the golf habit).
2. Probably not.
3. Nice bling but would be all weight and show for me.
4. Naw - need the road manners.
5. Minor ones from ski trips and scouts. I'll stick with the stuff compared to some of you guys (hint - guys that put wives underwater, hehehe).
6. You forget the snorkel bling bling. hehehe

If I weren't in and out of the rear hatch so often I'd at least consider a rear tire carrier on the OEM bumper. I think I've seen someone post a setup like this so I may do a little searching. With a medium OME spring setup, I don't think I would want the Slee armour, as nice as it is. Maybe the sliders. Only because the running boards are getting beat up after 10 years of use.

Doc - not 'legal' to tint those front windows in Kalifornia. Law enforcement no likey. I'll just stay with OEM. I to love white trucks.

LOL!

And I remember a guy with a completely stock rig -- aside from a bitchin' stereo and speakers -- at Surf-n-Turf last year...

You definitely have the bug! :D

It gets into your blood stream and never lets you go. As soon as you think you are finish, there is always something else that catches your attention. For example the Slee transf. skid plate is looking very good to me right now, but I can't shell out the money for it at this moment(I'll eventually buy it, but not right now).

NorCalDoug said:
LOL!

And I remember a guy with a completely stock rig -- aside from a bitchin' stereo and speakers -- at Surf-n-Turf last year...

You definitely have the bug! :D

Hmmmmm.......I resemble that guy! :flipoff2:

Biff said:
It gets into your blood stream and never lets you go. As soon as you think you are finish, there is always something else that catches your attention.

Yeah, I think I have a terminal case -- as in if I don't slow down, my wife may kill me! :eek:

I have parts for mods sitting in the garage waiting for time to install. More parts in the mail. And an ever-growing list of stuff I want to do to the truck.

Its a good thing I plan to keep (and USE) it for a loooong time. :D

Hants said:
Yeah, I think I have a terminal case -- as in if I don't slow down, my wife may kill me! :eek:
:D

Howling with laughter! I'm in the same boat. Just tell her overall on a yearly basis that it's less than a car payment! Only thing I currently have on the work bench is the fuse block. Installed the skid plate, trimmed and installed the front mudguards and trimed the back door rubber caps this past weekend. Man having the Dremmel wood tool with the exacto knife attachment to melt thru the rubber made quick work of trimming the guards and caps! Still need to pick up a 12V plug at West Marine and enough 10 ga wire to run from the back of the truck to the fuse block.

Things I'd like to do, but will put off for awhile:

1. CB
2. ARB Front winch bumper (4wheelparts just had them for $610 employee price that expired yesterday!)
3. Expedition style roof rack.
4. Onboard air (probably CO2)
5. Onboard secured fire extinguisher.

Not necessarily in order of preference either. 1 and 5 aren't that expensive and I'd love to have air b4 SnT this year. hehehe :D

Brentbba said:
Howling with laughter! I'm in the same boat. Just tell her overall on a yearly basis that it's less than a car payment! Only thing I currently have on the work bench is the fuse block. Installed the skid plate, trimmed and installed the front mudguards and trimed the back door rubber caps this past weekend. Man having the Dremmel wood tool with the exacto knife attachment to melt thru the rubber made quick work of trimming the guards and caps! Still need to pick up a 12V plug at West Marine and enough 10 ga wire to run from the back of the truck to the fuse block.

Things I'd like to do, but will put off for awhile:

1. CB
2. ARB Front winch bumper (4wheelparts just had them for $610 employee price that expired yesterday!)
3. Expedition style roof rack.
4. Onboard air (probably CO2)
5. Onboard secured fire extinguisher.

Not necessarily in order of preference either. 1 and 5 aren't that expensive and I'd love to have air b4 SnT this year. hehehe :D

what's that knife attachment?

It's a Dremmel wood burning tool I picked up at a hobby shop to burn in our Troop info on some new portable wood picnic tables I built for the troop last year. Gets to something like 900 degrees. It came with several tips for wood burning. One of the attachement tips it came with was a holder for an exacto knife blade. Gave it a try and it cut thru both the mudguards and the rubber end caps on the rear doors like a hot knife thru butter. Really handy as I cut a little, test fit, cut some more, test fit, etc. etc. until I got the fit I wanted. Much easier than just a utility knife.

bjowett said:
I know nothing about this mod mania of which you write.....

Yea right, Ok Pinochio. Your nose is getting longer. :D

I thought so.......ok so this one is a shameless pad, but we haven't had one of those in a long time, have we Junk?

:confused:
post padding?

What's that?

Nov 2003 flashback of Doug's rig w/ Alvaro's. Look at all that pretty, gold cladding! :D
Image-50994FBE26BE11D9.jpg

FirstToy said:
Nov 2003 flashback of Doug's rig w/ Alvaro's. Look at all that pretty, gold cladding! :D
Image-50994FBE26BE11D9.jpg

only 2 years ago? that is scary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom