Mobile/Baldwin Co Cruisers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone know of a good LX 470 mechanic in the area? My 2001 has stalled about once a month since I bought it about 3 months ago. It only does it when you start to accelerate from a red light and it starts up instantly afterwards. But, it might stall again and then start instantly again. And then it will drive perfectly afterwards.

No codes and Eastern Shore Toyota cleaned the MAF and Injectors when I first purchased it before the first stall happened to me. Not to say that it hadn't happened to the previous owner.

So I took it back to Eastern Shore Toyota and after they kept it for awhile, they said they can not replicate the problem. I wanted them to change the Fuel Filter since I think it is the original. Needless to say they didn't.

My LX 470 was supposed to be my fun car (with aftermarket the stereo system), so I want it to run right and I don't mind paying the dealership or whoever to fix it.

Does anyone know of a good LX 470 mechanic in the area? My 2001 has stalled about once a month since I bought it about 3 months ago. It only does it when you start to accelerate from a red light and it starts up instantly afterwards. But, it might stall again and then start instantly again. And then it will drive perfectly afterwards.

No codes and Eastern Shore Toyota cleaned the MAF and Injectors when I first purchased it before the first stall happened to me. Not to say that it hadn't happened to the previous owner.

So I took it back to Eastern Shore Toyota and after they kept it for awhile, they said they can not replicate the problem. I wanted them to change the Fuel Filter since I think it is the original. Needless to say they didn't.

My LX 470 was supposed to be my fun car (with aftermarket the stereo system), so I want it to run right and I don't mind paying the dealership or whoever to fix it.

This is what Eastern Shore Toyota did the second day after I purchased my LX 470.

SERVICE: PERFORM FUEL INJECTOR SERVICE AN
DESCRIPTION: PERFORM FUEL INJECTOR SERVICE AN D FUEL INDUCTION SERVICE ~|~COMPLETED SERVICES ~|~

SERVICE: THROTTLE BODY SERV.
DESCRIPTION: THROTTLE BODY SERVICE ~|~ ~|~PERFORMED THROTTLE BODY CLEAN ING

SERVICE: 8CYL TUNE UP
DESCRIPTION: TUNE UP 8 CYL PLATINUM PLUGS ~|~ ~|~PERFORMED 8 CYL TUNE UP

SERVICE: REPLACE TIMING BELT
DESCRIPTION: REPLACE TIMING BELT, WATER PUMP, DRIVE BELTS ~|~ ~|~

Btw if anyone on the Eastern Shore has a 2001 LX 470 with a ML stereo and needs any pieces, let me know. I know that I have the sub, the Head Unit, the amp and some of the door speakers. It was all working when I replaced it but, some of the door speakers foam is rotten.

The only time that I can meet would be on the weekend and I hate shipping.
Did you replace the stock radio?

If you are going to be around tomorrow, I'd love to come take a look at it

It is at TNT Car Stereo right now because my DC Power Inc. alternator has went out & sent back for warranty service. So it is running off a OEM alternator.

You are more than welcome to go by there & check it out though.

If you are going to be around tomorrow, I'd love to come take a look at it
I just found that DC Power Engineering is still sitting on my warranty replacement alternator. After over 3 weeks of my alternator being in their possession, they acted like they were doing me a favor by sending back to me today. So maybe I will have my LX 470 sometime next week.

Has anyone in the area upgraded their bumpers, sliders or etc? I am interested in what they did and how hard was it or which shop preformed the work?

New here, live in the west mobile area. Recently acquired a 2001 LC. Just running through all of the 100,000 mile service stuff and chasing down driveline vibes. Only owned it for a couple of months now but it's been great. Built like a tank compared to the JK wrangler I just rid myself of. Nice to see other mud members in the area.

New to the scene. Live in the W Mobile area.. Just purchased my first "Toyota", well 09 Lexus GX470. I have been creeping these threads and most all GX threads for the past year. I have some big plans for my new to me grocery getter in the near future. So far only new Duratracs, but eventually suspension, bumpers, ect. Just wanted to say Hi!

Weird request: I am throwing my GF a surprise 1980s costume party. I wanted to know if anyone local had a 1980s style BoomBox "GhettoBlaster", pager or 1980s cellphone? I would buy if I had too but, I only need it for one night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom