Moab to CruiserFest 2016 Trail Ride Details (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone else plan on arriving in the Green River area a few days early? Suggestions on places to visit around the Green River area?
Am thinking of taking a break from the 1000 miles of seat time to get to Utah, and do some hiking in Goblin Valley & nearby Little Wild Horse on Sunday. Suggestions on camping near Goblin Valley (campgrounds are full) Saturday and Sunday?
Am up for a trail or two and remote camping on Monday & Tuesday into Wednesday morning before the meet up in Green River.
Want to ensure I get plenty of red dirt on the tires while in the area!

There is some fantastic stuff to see in the south part of the San Rafael Swell such as this:
San Rafael Swell Century Mine Tour (Southern Loop)

Moab is also an hour south so plenty to see/do there. We'll be headed north via the north part of the San Rafael Swell and Skyline Drive so don't ruin any surprises there :D

If one spot gets free, please let me know. I'll be in Moab on Sunday 4th, coming from Florida with my Wife and daughter. It will be nice to see all of you again. Luis Vassallo. If not... I'll see you guys at the Cruiserfest! have fun!

If one spot gets free, please let me know. I'll be in Moab on Sunday 4th, coming from Florida with my Wife and daughter. It will be nice to see all of you again. Luis Vassallo. If not... I'll see you guys at the Cruiserfest! have fun!

Sounds good Luis. I've already heard from one participant that is 85% out (but I'm leaving him on the list until he confirms) so why don't you just plan on being there!

There is some fantastic stuff to see in the south part of the San Rafael Swell such as this:
San Rafael Swell Century Mine Tour (Southern Loop)

Moab is also an hour south so plenty to see/do there. We'll be headed north via the north part of the San Rafael Swell and Skyline Drive so don't ruin any surprises there :D

Confirmed - IN!

The Century mine tour sounds just right, will checkout some of the other featured trails on your site, thanks. Many years ago went to Arches once and Moab/Needles District a couple of times, figured being Labor Day weekend I would stay away from those areas.
Fellow Mudders are welcome to join up, should be running the Century Mine Tour starting the 4th or 5th.

Confirmed - IN!

The Century mine tour sounds just right, will checkout some of the other featured trails on your site, thanks. Many years ago went to Arches once and Moab/Needles District a couple of times, figured being Labor Day weekend I would stay away from those areas.
Fellow Mudders are welcome to join up, should be running the Century Mine Tour starting the 4th or 5th.

Take a bunch if pics so we can update that Feature Trail article on ExpUt :cool:

yeah baby

Add me to the Moab team please!

Hey Bob, are you still interested in joining us? If so hit me with your name, phone number and email. Thanks!

Take a bunch if pics so we can update that Feature Trail article on ExpUt :cool:
Will do on the pics, am a bit of a photo bug anyways. Can I get a decent map of the area (including the Century Mine Tour) in Green River or somewhere else in the area? A little late to order one.
Since I will be leaving on Sept. 1st am getting prepped to go this weekend. Has a meet-up location for Wednesday in Green River been chosen?

A Benchmark Atlas would be my preferred map, it covers the entire state with decent detail and will help you navigate through the Swell and our trip.

A buddy of mine from BC will be riding shot gun with me.
He will be driving his pickup or riding his bike to SLC and we will continue together in the 45 from there.
I can't for the life me understand why he doesn't want to drive with me from Calgary in the 45. But I digress.
Does anyone in SLC area have room to park a pickup or Harley from Tuesday until Sunday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom