mix and match cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have a 74 fj40 w/ front disc brakes, 2F engine and 4 speed tranny. this there any way i can find out what year those are and what gears are in them?

Looks to me like someone took the front axle and drivetrain out of a possibly wrecked or rusted 75-78 and dropped it all in your 74. There is a possibility that the 4 spd you have is the F 4 spd and not the 75+ 4 spd, but that is not likely at all. Your axles have 4.11 gears, Transmission gearing is as follows:
1st 3.555
2nd 2.292
3rd 1.410
4th 1.000
Transfer
1:1 High
1.992:1 Lo
That is for the 2f 4 spd and transfer which I suspect that you have. What month is your 74? &nbsp:Depending on month of production we can be more/less sure of which tranny you have. You could use the Transfer Identification photos on the tech page to identify your transfer, and in turn the tranny.

pretty sure the engine has the year stamped on it. not sure about the other parts though. would imagine the 4 speed is stock, but might check the numbers, try spector to compare to. Ive got a 2f in my 71 hooked up to the 3 on the tree tranny that a PO did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom