Millermatic 180 welder. Less than $400... act quickly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered! Great tip!!

Can I borrow $400?

Question: I notice that while Grainger calls several of the other units "Millermatic," they don't refer to this one as such. Also, it seems that the labeling I've been seeing on the sides of the Millermatic units isn't there on this one. Tell me I'm wrong... please.

Question: I notice that while Grainger calls several of the other units "Millermatic," they don't refer to this one as such. Also, it seems that the labeling I've been seeing on the sides of the Millermatic units isn't there on this one. Tell me I'm wrong... please.

I don't know what the difference is, but if you click on the enlarge image, you can see on the face of the welder, it says "Millermatic 180"

Click additional information tab and this is what you get:

• Millermatic®
  • Auto-Set™ feature allows for quick and easy set-up. Spatter-free start with tip saver and trigger reset. Include regulator, 10-ft. MIG gun, and hose cart.

• Millermatic® 180 Auto-Set
  • Welds up to 5/16" in a single pass. Wire sizes: 0.024 to 0.035" mild, 0.030 to 0.045" flux.

You're good :cheers:

So it does... I saw a Millermatic 180, and a Millermatic 180 Autoset. Dunno, either way I now own one that's being shipped within 5 days!

So it does... I saw a Millermatic 180, and a Millermatic 180 Autoset. Dunno, either way I now own one that's being shipped within 5 days!

That is correct. Millermatic 180 autoset with cart. Direct ship from Miller to Granger. Call, order, give them credit card #, wait 7 days for it arrive and pickup.

They also have the 110 volt Millermatic 140 autoset with cart for $332.xx
MIG Welder, 115 V, Input 20 A, 60 Hz - Wire Feed Welders - Electric - Welding : Grainger Industrial Supply

The Millermatic 180 is a MUCH better deal.

Feel free to join me as I bask in the glow of fj40charles's awesomeness....

You could always sell the HH187 for $450 and buy the MM 180.

May do that.

I apologize, but I'd like to put a face with a name. Do you have a rather large red 40 on tons with the steering behind the front axle? I think I wheeled Ingrid's with you at SCC.

Regardless, thanks for the heads up :cheers:

May do that.

I apologize, but I'd like to put a face with a name. Do you have a rather large red 40 on tons with the steering behind the front axle? I think I wheeled Ingrid's with you at SCC.

Regardless, thanks for the heads up :cheers:

No problem. Get the Miller and weld them side by side to see which one you like better before you sell one. You just might like the HH 187 better.

I was the only chinaman there. Does that ling a picture?

I was with Georg at Cruiser Crawl last year. Red FJ40 on one tons. Yes, steering behind front axle.

You had the taco with the taco shaped leaf spring. Daryl said you were a good kid studying engineering.

BTW, I ordered 3 of the MM 180 welders.

Last edited:
fj40charles said:
No problem. Get the Miller and weld them side by side to see which one you like better before you sell one. You just might like the HH 187 better.

I was with Georg at Cruiser Crawl last year. Red FJ40 on one tons. Yes, steering behind front axle.

You had the taco with the taco shaped leaf spring. Daryl said you were a good kid studying engineering.

Hoarder

You got it all correct! Nice to put a person with the words. And great lookin' 40. We should trade :hillbilly:

I have grown accustomed to the HH, but the Miller would be cool :hmm:

How much was the shipping on one of these?

Very tempting. May have to try and cash in some credits with the family finance dept.

How much was the shipping on one of these?

Very tempting. May have to try and cash in some credits with the family finance dept.

Free shipping to local Grainger location. Welders are shipped directly from Miller to Gringer. You'll have to pay tax.

I was so enthusiastic about ordering that I didn't think to check and see if they're able to ship to the local store for no shipping charges. So, I put the order in direct to my business address.

After reading your post, I called them back and asked that they refund shipping and ship it to the Memphis Grainger. She said she'd see what she could do, but called back and left me a message saying that since it's a straight from manufacturer shipment, they can't do it without charging shipping either way! Sounds like I'm getting hosed here!! Did you ship to a local store?

I was so enthusiastic about ordering that I didn't think to check and see if they're able to ship to the local store for no shipping charges. So, I put the order in direct to my business address.

After reading your post, I called them back and asked that they refund shipping and ship it to the Memphis Grainger. She said she'd see what she could do, but called back and left me a message saying that since it's a straight from manufacturer shipment, they can't do it without charging shipping either way! Sounds like I'm getting hosed here!! Did you ship to a local store?

call and change to will call at local store...

On hold again now. Told her I can cancel and re-order if needed, but that I don't want to pay the shipping if others aren't. She's saying that as it's a drop-ship, it costs to ship either way. :confused::confused:

ETA: Okay, she got me taken care of. Apparently there's a long form required to make those changes, and the previous one didn't want that hassle. So, should be copasetic soon....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom