Millermatic 180 welder. Less than $400... act quickly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad to be able to help. Just passing info.

SOB! they're gone... at least the page has been taken down...
I NEED a 220 right now, so whenever one of you guys decide to make a hunnerd off your slightly used one... holla at a shunt.

Or... even better! sell me your old one!

Called to try and change my order to Will Call. The rep called the manufacturer and they said my order is on hold. Meaning the manufacturer cannot supply my order. Once they can, it will go through. I wonder how many others will run into this. FWIW, I ordered my around 3:00PM CST yesterday, so perhaps some of the early ones will go. Who knows.

I think I'm going to replace my Hobart Handler 187 with this little gem.

Thanks, Charles, for the lead!

I haven't been charged yet, so if I run into a snag and don't get to purchase this, that'll be okay. At least I'm not waiting on it to weld. Hope hope hope it goes through, though :fingerscrossed:

Who you calling a gentleman?

This thing caught like wildfire... I've seen it on two other seperate forums... and they linked to other forums, etc, etc... grainger prolly had 10,000 orders in under 24 hours! LOL

I thought maybe it would be better to not know, but I went ahead and called Grainger for fear I would be sent a bill for $2600 on two welders.

My order has been canceled. Straight from the horse's mouth. I will not be receiving any welders. That's what's up :doh:

Not available anymore I guess. We tried to find one for the raffle but no luck.

Just checked my order, shows the order as placed, nothing about cancelling yet. So, even though I know the sky is falling, I'm gonna tell myself that I'm still getting a $400 Miller welder... and trust me, self is stoopid enough to fall for it for a while.

Another option to buying a welder... If you really needed a welder and was waiting for the MM 180 to arrive, I'd hedge my bets by buying the HH187 at Tractor supply. Buy it, but don't open it until you know the status of the MM 180 welder you ordered.

HH187 is a very nice welder. You will not be disappointed with the performance.

Get 10% at tractor supply. Not sure if this coupon will work on welders. Might be worth a try. Best option would be to take the welder to checkout and present coupon and dont' ask questions. Coupon valid June 8 -12.

10% Off Tractor Supply Printable Coupon

HH 187 for $549.xx right now on sale.

Hobart Handler® 187 Welder - 3807126 | Tractor Supply Company

Charles what are your thoughts on the miller passport? I know it is a lot of money but the portability is what I like.

I have a space issue but want your thoughts.

Charles what are your thoughts on the miller passport? I know it is a lot of money but the portability is what I like.

I have a space issue but want your thoughts.

Bomar,

Miller Passport is an excellent choice in every aspect. The only "negative" I can think of if the high cost.

Some features:
1. only 45 lbs. Most small 110v welder weigh around 70-90 lbs. Not exactly portable for one hand.
2. Inverter based for maximum efficiency. Most output possible given input voltage. Excellent quality "soft" arc.
3. designed to run best with CO2 shielding with small paint gun co2 cartridges to use.
4. Can use 110v or 230v.
5. Can hook up CO2 for shop use (has external connection) or put it on cart with co2 tank.
6. can run flux core or solid.

Miller Passport will be the next welder I buy.

PM me if you need a good deal on one. I'll try to help.

Charles

Bomar,

Miller Passport is an excellent choice in every aspect. The only "negative" I can think of if the high cost.

Some features:
1. only 45 lbs. Most small 110v welder weigh around 70-90 lbs. Not exactly portable for one hand.
2. Inverter based for maximum efficiency. Most output possible given input voltage. Excellent quality "soft" arc.
3. designed to run best with CO2 shielding with small paint gun co2 cartridges to use.
4. Can use 110v or 230v.
5. Can hook up CO2 for shop use (has external connection) or put it on cart with co2 tank.
6. can run flux core or solid.

Miller Passport will be the next welder I buy.

PM me if you need a good deal on one. I'll try to help.

Charles

Will do...

It will be a bit out but it fits what I want to use it for.

Thanks for your insight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom