Mighty short cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SL371716.jpg

What's goin' on there, some sort of HQ/HJ/HX/HZ body on a 4WD chassis?

What H series body, and what 4WD chassis?

Thanks for the photos.

Its a WB statesman mate ive seen it parked in perth car parks a bit
im pretty sure it has a semi floater axle so proberly a mega old cruiser frame or old patrol
its like a couch on wheels that int would be so cosy

Thought id show you all my old mans new rig

Brand spanker new landcruiser 70series GXL v8 turbo diesel with a hydrolic tipper tray.
Only 1 day old and he had it up at Kalbarri...

DSC_0282.jpg

DSC_0286.jpg

Last edited:
FarrQ yea that sure is shinnyy
Did he order diff locks?

Nope, it was the one thing i told him to order but i suppose he doesnt ever plan on taking it off road so he cant really justify the 2300 or so for them. If he ever does want them airlockers are similar price but nowhere near as cool. I wander if it has an LSD in the back?

Nope, it was the one thing i told him to order but i suppose he doesnt ever plan on taking it off road so he cant really justify the 2300 or so for them. If he ever does want them airlockers are similar price but nowhere near as cool. I wander if it has an LSD in the back?

yea but did you tell him to order them because one day when he gives it to you u want the factry e lockers;)

I think around 91 or so,, all AUS 75 got the LSD rear std but cruiser lsd's are sheet mine with break into open wheeler if it looks at sand

haha yeah i should have thought of that damn

Nice truck!

I like the drawers. :clap:

I plan to do something similar with mine when I have finished the pure off-road preparation. Check it on ;)
Picasa Web Albums - olive_fr

I have a 4" suspension lift (coil spring + absorber from Old Man Emu.), necessary to accommodate the 35" SIMEX Extreme Trekkers.

DSC_7972.JPG

Final phase of the preparation should be done within 2 weeks with the custom front and rear bumpers, side protection and an external Roll cage. Later will come front/rear ARB locker with its compressor.

Basically this 20 years old Toyota received the following:
  1. 1JZ-GTE Engine (2.5L Twin Turbo Petrol) Already installed when I bought it
  2. 4" suspension lift (old Man Emu)
  3. 35" SIMEX Extreme Trekker Tyres
  4. Safari Shnorkel (Already installed when I bought it)
  5. Reinforced rear axle (was destroyed by previous owner!)
  6. Front PTO Winch
  7. iCOM IC2200 radio
  8. Custom front bumper
  9. Custom rear bumper
  10. Custom side protections
  11. Custom external Roll cage
  12. ARB front and rear lockers with compressor (next Month)
  13. Probably rear disk brakes (next month)
  14. Rear Electric winch (next month)
  15. 3 to 4" push out of the front axle to improve the attack angle (next month)

Preparation supervised by Eddie, a veteran member of the SAKTA club and multiple finisher of the Rain Forest Challenge of Malaysia.
:cheers:

Cheers

Cool rig mate :)

Well since uni is over for the year a few more mods will be happening. I have got the ball rolling with a Dougs Tub and a gearbox/transfer case bypass hose courtesy of ebay.

Why the hell didnt I get one of these when i first got the car is beyond me, they should come standard in all 70series!

P1010527.jpg

P1010528.jpg

I also have had a few unwanted modifications to the drivers side

P1010525.jpg

The whole side isnt looking too flash, the front fender has been popped out so I can at least open my door.

P1010531.jpg

I also have a box of bits ready to be going on the truck pretty soon, as well as a VDO pyro gauge im picking up tonight :)

Wacky Shackles i thought were worth giving a try as they seemed to work pretty well on a middy i have seen, Im going to redrill the bolt holes to fit standard size landcruiser bushes and give them a lick of black paint.

P1010532.jpg

good stuff mate
as soon as i got my dougs tubs it was the best 30 dollas spent
those shackles will give you some serios flexi

Thanks mate, yeah once i get them all sorted ill post up some flex shots. And yeah best 30bucks ever spent on my rig!

Also heres my current desktop wallpaper. I think it looks pretty cool
DSC_0570.jpg

good stuff mate
as soon as i got my dougs tubs it was the best 30 dollas spent
those shackles will give you some serios flexi

Hello,

Same here. Got mine last week, it is great. it makes you wonder how you did without one.

Your flex is always improving. Good luck with the new shackles.

Is that a Tough Dog steering damper? How good are those? I was offered one of these. At 5000 km from steering shock change I want to know more before choosing one.

JuanJ

Last edited:
Hello,

Same here. Got mine last week, it is great. it makes you wonder how you did without one.

Your flex is always improving. Good luck with the new shackles.

Is that a Tough Dog steering shock? How good are those? I was offered one of these. At 5000 km from steering shock change I want to know more before choosing one.

JuanJ

Yep its a tough dog steering damper. I will let you know once it is installed possibly this weekend. I tried to install it a while ago but the tapered bolt holding the factory one on was seized into position- i tried a sledge hammer and a ball joint splitter. I think the next plan of action is to jam a piece of wood inbetween the mount and the frame to stiffen it up and try the sledge hammer again.

Also managed to get a fully awesome double bed setup complete with ferrari covers :D Its not a bad effort considering how short the shorty is but the bed is only about 165cm long so me being over 180 i have to let my feet dangle over the seats. But it sets up in about 1minute sure beats putting a tent even the swag up and you get a pretty decent nights sleep!

Here it is setup

DSC_0089.jpg

Its propped up by using the drawer sides as supports for the sides and a water tank rested on the centre console for support in the middle.

DSC_0088.jpg

And when its not being used the mattress folds into the space between my drawers and the seats.

DSC_0091.jpg

works mate
cool clip

Cheers clint.

Just placed an order with locktup, front lockright :)

Here is a video of me doing the fenceline at the Mundaring Powerlines last week. Excuse the bad language at the end. And please let me know if it works

http://www.facebook.com/v/191037025954

Worked great. Hows the track looking? There is a few complaing its too chopped up fo the average driver and people are making chicken trails all over the place through the bush.

I tried sleeping in my 73 but its too short ,I dont how you do it in a 70:D

I thought about making a plywood table at the end that cantelevered from the floor of the landcruiser.
You could also get some sort of "bag" made that wrapped around the rear doors to keep the wind out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom