For Sale Michigan 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser 80 series FZJ80 REDUCED FOR QUICK SALE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Gray
Well here she is, never thought I would be selling an 80 again but circumstances have definitely changed in life. I planned to keep her forever after instantly regretting selling my first one, I built her thinking I would take trails, go camping, fishing and all that good stuff but none of that has happened even once and it's not going to anytime soon.

Asking $15,000 (REDUCED TO 15k FOR QUICK SALE SEE POST #9), in my mind this is a "Mud Price" in the hopes of getting a quick sale and avoiding a thousand tire kickers....I honestly don't have time for that. If I don't get any real interest in a week or so I will put her for sale everywhere and it will be at a higher price. I would consider a trade for a more modern Toyota truck more suitable to being a daily driver, will add cash for the right truck.

1997 246k Miles NOT TRIPLE LOCKED

Everything works as it should, she runs strong, drives straight and shockingly no underbody issues for a midwest truck. I've had her for two years and have dumped a ridiculous amount of money into her, got a pretty thick folder of receipts and invoices to prove it.

She's not dolled up at all she definitely would clean up a lot better but I got some basic pics and I made a list of work done. I added a lot of small things but I wanted to be thorough, believe me I could have added a hundred more small things if I really wanted to. Here it is:

Completely baselined 2 years ago when I bought her, all fluids changed, greased, lubed and all that good stuff religiously. I keep an excel sheet for it, have been using Mobil 1 10w-30 and I undercoated her before each winter….used clear film not black to hide things.

ARB Front

NWTI Rear

XO Fab Sliders

Re-upholstered Leather Front and Mid Seats Also Center console pad

Hi Lift Jack Mounted to ARB w/pad

Painted Carpathian Gray 2/22

New Battery 8/22

New Window Runs 9/22

EGR Delete Kit (original parts included)

ABS Delete Kit (original parts included)

New OEM Radiator and Hoses 9/22

New Thermostat 9/22

New Hood insulation 1/22

Door Jam switches replaced 1/22

Cooper Discoverer Including Spare 285/75/16 1/22 @ 238k

New Denso Starter 3/22

Toyota Premium Car Horn (from 200 series)

OEM Clear Corner Lights 3/23

Clear Signal Lights

LED Dual DRL and Signal Lights in ARB

Pioneer Bluetooth head unit with Rear View Camera

New Speakers all around

Keyless Entry Remote Start Alarm

Wired TPMS

ALL Interior lights replaced with LED (dash, controls, domes…everything)

Kut Snake Fender Flares

New Hood Insulation

Teq and 100 series Badging

Third row removed but I have them

Black Dash Trim Kit (only used partially)

Knuckles Rebuilt 12/21

New Tie Rods 12/21

New Advics Brake Master Cylinder 10/21

Traction Boards/Axe/Shovel Mounts

Differential Plug kit 12/21

New Dimmer switch 2/22

New OEM Air Filter

All Belts replaced 5/23 245k

Throttle Body/Manifold Cleaned 5/23 245k

Dobinsons 1.75” Suspension Kit:

C59-210V
C59-221V
GS59-683
GS59-682
SD59-824 (steering damper)
RB59-522K (caster correction bushings)

Known issues

I just had her fully inspected last month which I will pass along of course with pics and the report revealed the oil pan is leaking as is the PS pump. I have the parts, a new OEM PS pump and hoses, and I was going to get it done along with the other issues but instead have decided to sell, parts are included. Many people have told me not to bother with either of them as I barely get a drop a night on the floor of the garage, with the joke that they are "rust proofing", but I'm obsessive about the truck and immediately went and bought the parts.

P0770 Code came on a few weeks ago, it never came back but I bought a new OEM transmission solenoid anyway, also included

Wheels need to be balanced

I have an intermittent steering wheel squeak/rubbing type sound. Inspection showed it to be the rubber in the boot and was told there was no need to address it. Inspection report came with pics I can provide.

Common rust in corner of rear hatch window, I had this treated when she was painted but it’s there

Cosmetic crap:

Windshield buckeyes

Common crack in dash at center of steering wheel, not a bad one but it’s there

Rear badging is misaligned

Rear bumper needs to be adjusted, low on one side

Steering Wheel has a nice stitched wrap on it, I’ve never removed it I’m assuming it doesn’t look too good under there

IMG_9838.jpg

Last edited:
Sad to see you letting her go, Francis. Very nice looking 80 at a great price! I have an appreciation for transparent sellers.

You'll be back, obviously.

I'll be around brother, I plan on picking up another Toyota truck to replace her at the least...

Sad to see you letting her go, Francis. Very nice looking 80 at a great price! I have an appreciation for transparent sellers.

You'll be back, obviously.
^^^ this
And how all adds should be !

Okay so today an old problem that I thought I had sorted months ago popped back up. She doesn't want to turn over and when she does the RPM's fluctuate and she stalls out. I blocked the EGR and had the manifold cleaned out I thought this fixed it but apparently not, I've been told by multiple people and from my research here that it may be a bad ground. Once you get her rolling she drives fine but it takes a few times stalling and starting. I have videos if anyone wants them.

Also CEL is back for that transmission solenoid which I have the OEM part for.

Honestly I'm done dealing with this I have no time for it. Somebody come steal her from me for 15k, I really don't care at this point I'm over it.

15k firm takes her home, come get her. Otherwise she's going back to the damn shop to get every issue I listed sorted and going back for sale much higher.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom