Metal Plating services in Albuquerque (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tank5

SILVER Star
Threads
I need to have some hardware cad or zinc plated. Is there a place in Albuquerque that does and is reliable? If not is there a shop anyone has used that I can ship my hardware to.

Thanks

I will give them a call and report back here.

Thanks

Kaehr was recently sold to an outfit called RIE.
They do good work! But there might be a high minimum order amount.
If you want to try another local option, I have tried Metal Finishing Specialty near Central and San Mateo.
They did some fast work, priced well, but I don’t know what kind of prep work they do for hardware before plating. Might be worth a call and inquiry (for both places). Ask for Tihn at MFS.
( I think this is the crew for what used to be brothers plating).

Let us know what you find out, if you care to share!

Thanks, I will check with both and share what I learn. I don’t have a large quantity just some ubolts for my sliders. If they have a quantity limit, that may not work but I let you all know.

I called Kaehr now tie coatings and they will do small batches but I have to submit a request for quote on line, so no price yet.

I called Metal Finish Specialty but got no answer. I looked at their website and they listed a minimum cost for their cheapest service was $75.00. I ham hoping what I need is less than that.

I am looking to have 4 ubolts with nuts and washers coated and hope it can be done for less than 75.00. I will report back as I get more info.

I received my quote back From RIE and the quoted $200 to plate what is pictured. I asked for with zinc or cadmium plating not gold. I will keep searching or just paint these black and move in. I may consider buying a kit doing it myself it it really costs this much.
IMG_9257.jpeg

I tried reaching out to Metal Finishing Specialty but they are not answering the phone.

I will keep looking

I received my quote back From RIE and the quoted $200 to plate what is pictured. I asked for with zinc or cadmium plating not gold. I will keep searching or just paint these black and move in. I may consider buying a kit doing it myself it it really costs this much.
View attachment 3587630

I tried reaching out to Metal Finishing Specialty but they are not answering the phone.

I will keep looking
I’ve had a few days when it’s hard to get ahold of Tihn.

He has responded to email well, sometimes. 🥹

mfspecialty@gmail.com.

RIE pricing…whoa. I understand minimum order amounts, but wow.

View attachment 3587630

I will keep looking
If we all put together a few more items to have plated, I wonder if it would be beneficial, more bang for the buck?

View attachment 3587630

I will keep looking

Here's a thought for you to ponder: I'm using the same exact U bolts and they're surface rusted all to hell; going on seven years now.

Meh, who cares :rofl:

I hear you, my reason for wanting to plate this mostly just aesthetics. I spent so much time striping and painting everything on the chassis it seems a shame to throw them on bare. At the very least I will paint them and put them on.

I can always swap them out something pretty later if needed.

It is funny if you think about it. I am worried about aesthetics but the body of my rig is crusty rusty. Only the underside is clean.

View attachment 3587630

I will keep looking
That doesn’t surprise me that much unfortunately. 99% of their business is Sandia or AFRL and associated contractors

That doesn’t surprise me that much unfortunately. 99% of their business is Sandia or AFRL and associated contractors

Yeah, it seemed like a deep pocket quote. I see the same sorta thing in LA where things are billed to LANL.

I like the idea of black paint on them, will match the sliders if they're gonna be black also.

I like the idea of black paint on them, will match the sliders if they're gonna be black also.

This probably what I will do at this point. I have to have the 45 put together in three weeks for the trip. They will be fine painted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom