Membership Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
The membership information listed on the web page implies that my membership is a family membership. Just want to see if that's true.

Thinking of daughterofromer and the potential 4runner she wants

Hey Ken;
I ought to know the answer to this, and I think I do...but am asking further questions of my fellow Board Members at TLCA:
"the answer...I believe, is... "all family members are welcome to join individually, but we do not have a family membership price point, and your individual membership does not include all you family members."

We couldn't afford to print and ship say 5-6 Toyota Trails for all the family of each individual member while still charging only $27....

If this is indeed correct, I will re-write that section of the webpage, and I apologise for any confustion...

Thanks, Alan

I've a couple of kids that are now full members of TLCA and LSLC, I've always treated this issue like church membership, my kids were a part of any family memberships I held, until they reached the age I thought they needed to "step to the plate" and be on their own, join and pay dues......
For both it was around the age of 18.
Butch

Thanks. Thats what I thought, but checking out the individual membership page had this bullet

TLCA Individual Membership is open to those individuals and families interested in Toyota 4 wheel drive vehicles

I wasn't thinking a family membership would send out multiple copies of the trails. I agree when the get to that age, they are on their own. I have got one that is just under that age, but wanting a Toyota, so I thought I would ask.

Maybe a family membership that includes all members living at the same address (1 copy of trails) for say $40. Cards for each Toyota owner in the house. That might generate some additional revenue and allow you to boost higher membership statistics. Don't know if thats important.

In cases were there are Husband and wives both driving toyotas at events, do they each have a mebership or just one. A family membership might be a good idea. But then again . . . .

Romer: Family membership, One TT, cards for all...might work. At events, everyone pays to get in, so family membership gets one nothing additional there. I can bring this idea up at the board meeting on the 30th, and see what happens-thanks!

I would make it a little more than an individual. $35-$40 should be about right. I bet you would get an extra $10-$15 from at least 20% of the members and then be able to boost the membership numbers. My daughter did not need a TLCA membership to go to Moab with me, I could have brought two rigs there on my membership too. I almost towed the 40.

I'll help you with some research and start a poll in Chat (More visibility)

The definative answer from the AVP

AVP=Administrative VP

"The bylaws are very clear on this point.

When you join TLCA, you and your family are welcome at our events. One
number is enough to get anyone in the family into a sanctioned event.
However, your family only receives one copy of Toyota Trails. One
membership = one cpy of Trails.
HTH
Happy Trails! N

Nick Stone
"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom