Membership Meeting Rhode Island (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Yankee Toys members,
Some of the BODs have been tossing around the idea for a meeting for us South Eastern New England members. This would be on a Saturday or a Sunday at one of our member's shop in the South Kingstown area of Rhode Island. We can check out the shop maybe do a little grilling, wrenching, show off our rigs and do some club bonding. We could also do a group road trip to Newport for a Ocean Drive tour. Trails in this area are not very accessible but the location in convenient to RTE 95. If someone knows of a trail or beach that we could cruise on that would be pretty sweet.
I would like to gauge some interest with everyone to see if this would be a worthwhile idea. Some of us just need an excuse to take out our trucks and just need a little direction.
Please post up or PM and I will take it from there.

Ed

Times two. Throw a dart at a calendar and let’s do it

I say you call it spring Cruiser fling with chicken wings

i am in Mike and i can put some trails together nothing hard core but some tight stuff.
just set a day and the rest will follow
jason

im in depending on the dates

Very nice, Im happy to see that we have some interest. This is looking like a good group as well. I need to figure what date would work for everyone including myself. I obviously would like to be part of this one.
Couple of Ideas depending on how long everyone has?
Perfect sunny day
Im figuring 10am at Mike's or meet at a trail? Lunch on the trail then head to Mike's to check out the shop and hang or road trip to Newport for a Thames St. cruise and a couple of waterfront cocktails. Split from there or head to the store and do some grilling on Ocean drive. I have a portable grill. Line up the trucks for some pictures and then head out.

Saturday May 26 might work
Saturday June 2 is my 20yr college reunion so probably not good for me. Sorry
Saturday June 9 might work

For me, 26th is a no, and reminder June 9 is Vermont Badlands, 16th or 23rd both free (one vaca, one I’m off).

I'll probably head down if it's running

1 feel kind of bad that we all can’t agree on a date. Basically that means we might have to do more then one of these get togethers. I’m out of town until next week. Hopefully by that time we can make some sort of executive decision. I don’t like to keep people hanging.
Mike and Jason what are your thoughts on this? Are the trails your thinking something you need to give someone a heads up on?
Can they handle five to ten trucks?
Are we liking the Newport idea?
Sunday June 3 also works for me.

I say just pick a date you’re never going to get a time where everybody can do it. I’m planning to do a little of the same thing at my house says I did a couple years ago later on and I’ll put the date out for that. We just got to pick one and go with it. Somethings better than nothing everybody will have fun

lets do Sunday the 3rd. while ocean drive is nice and all not sure a cruiser parade would be that much fun. the bridge is $4 each way unless you have an RI ezzipass
would rather wheel or wrench in the shop or just hang out at Mikes he has a couple fire pits

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom