Members Rigs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My 73 FJ40.

Original F motor, runs great
sm420
Lockright in the rear
Disk brakes in the front

As soon as I plant my money tree I will be able to really fix it up :D
4_73FJ40.jpg

I'm just now seeing the shot of Andy's exo, man that came out looking nice and sturdy. That rigs just too clean, sSimply beautiful man, :D

How about a better pair of shots of how you've attached the lift and axe?

Looking Good Spencer

Hi everybody,

It seems like this thread has been dormant for a while, so I hope you don't mind a newbie reviving it...

I recently joined PMC and am looking forward to getting together and getting out in the fields / mountains / beaches / ... with you.
I actually recently moved from Belgium (yes, that's in Europe ;) ) to the Bay Area (Walnut Creek) for work, on a 2 year assignment to our SF office.

I found a nice 1996 LC80 in white with less than 118000 miles.
I had Gary at Mudrak do some upgrades to it:
- front/rear airlockers
- central diff lock switch
- ARB front bumper
- Warn M12000 winch (soon to have synthetic winch line after I ruined the steel cable)
- Kaymar rear bumper with tire carrier and 2 jerry can carrier
- front LED light bar, 20" spot/flood combo
- black powder coat on the original wheels
- Toyo OpenCountry A/T II tires LT285/75R16
- OME heavy duty suspension with 2" lift
- Long Ranger extra fuel tank (38 gal extra)

I'm looking to add a snorkel, replace the winch line with synthetic and maybe a (very) low profile roof rack, since I have a regular garage and I would like to keep parking the rig inside.

I would have joined the annual mud run, but I missed it due to some repair work needed on the truck.
I went to Frank Raines OHV park the weekend prior to the mud run, and on a really steep slope, which I started in high gear, I had to stop and switch to low gear.
In doing that I must have left it in neutral by accident and when I went to give it gas to continue up the slope, the car just went down it, backwards, out of control.
Luckily it went straight back (off the trail) and did not roll over, but it sure was a bumpy ride (hurt my back pretty badly).
I finally came to a stop in a creek bed and got stuck, but good, I think it was beached.

I had to get a park manager to help pull me out, since there were no trees around to hook the winch to.

Anyway, I got out and took the car to Gary the weekend after and he found that only 1 exhaust mount had broken and the steering was out of alignment. Pretty amazing that a car can survive that in such good condition, although it is a Toyota Land Cruiser ... so maybe I should not be surprised.

Like a said, a newbie ... won't make that mistake any time soon again.

Looking forward to hanging out (driving) with you guys!

Wouter aka WDL1982
PS: I have some more pictures, if you're interested.

20140118_LC80_upgraded_rear_PMC_post.jpg
20140209_Frank_Raines_OHV_left_front_PMC_post.jpg

When does the V8 go in? Beautiful work.

Hi everybody,

It seems like this thread has been dormant for a while, so I hope you don't mind a newbie reviving it...

I recently joined PMC and am looking forward to getting together and getting out in the fields / mountains / beaches / ... with you.
I actually recently moved from Belgium (yes, that's in Europe ;) ) to the Bay Area (Walnut Creek) for work, on a 2 year assignment to our SF office.

I found a nice 1996 LC80 in white with less than 118000 miles.
I had Gary at Mudrak do some upgrades to it:
- front/rear airlockers
- central diff lock switch
- ARB front bumper
- Warn M12000 winch (soon to have synthetic winch line after I ruined the steel cable)
- Kaymar rear bumper with tire carrier and 2 jerry can carrier
- front LED light bar, 20" spot/flood combo
- black powder coat on the original wheels
- Toyo OpenCountry A/T II tires LT285/75R16
- OME heavy duty suspension with 2" lift
- Long Ranger extra fuel tank (38 gal extra)

I'm looking to add a snorkel, replace the winch line with synthetic and maybe a (very) low profile roof rack, since I have a regular garage and I would like to keep parking the rig inside.

I would have joined the annual mud run, but I missed it due to some repair work needed on the truck.
I went to Frank Raines OHV park the weekend prior to the mud run, and on a really steep slope, which I started in high gear, I had to stop and switch to low gear.
In doing that I must have left it in neutral by accident and when I went to give it gas to continue up the slope, the car just went down it, backwards, out of control.
Luckily it went straight back (off the trail) and did not roll over, but it sure was a bumpy ride (hurt my back pretty badly).
I finally came to a stop in a creek bed and got stuck, but good, I think it was beached.

I had to get a park manager to help pull me out, since there were no trees around to hook the winch to.

Anyway, I got out and took the car to Gary the weekend after and he found that only 1 exhaust mount had broken and the steering was out of alignment. Pretty amazing that a car can survive that in such good condition, although it is a Toyota Land Cruiser ... so maybe I should not be surprised.

Like a said, a newbie ... won't make that mistake any time soon again.

Looking forward to hanging out (driving) with you guys!

Wouter aka WDL1982
PS: I have some more pictures, if you're interested.

View attachment 880889
View attachment 880890

Frank Raines has some steep climbs. I had my Orion transfer case pop out on one. Nephew Ben had to pull me over the top of the hill. Try the Carneige OHV park in Livermore. They have a little obstacle course there that is fun to play on.

1993 Mall Cruiser with cloth seats and factory lockers on teeny weeny 35's. Deflared, bed lined and armored. For more details see my rotw in my sig line.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

1994 hilux, short bed regular cab, armored, rear lock right, 4.88's, Yotaman motor. Still rocking the ifs and stock t case.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey folks! I officially joined PMC when I started keeping a rig in California last year. This is OLAF (Over-Landy As F$@k). It's a 1995 fzj80 that has been knocking around CA for a while belonging to several people before Bill got it on a trade from Tom Boyd. We decided to build it for the Alaska Cruiser Trek last year and now it's my West Coast Wheeler. Bill did the mechanicals in the engine including head gasket and I did the axle stuff. We added sliders, a 4X4 Labs rear bumper, a custom front bumper, winch etc. then Bill drive it over 7000 miles to and from Alaska. I'll be out for my 4th Rubithon in a row in a couple of weeks.
IMG_8168.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom