Members directory (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds like a driveline/differential issue to me.

Any suggestions on him to narrow it down? We looking small like ujoints, or something in the diff? Anything specific one would sound like vs the other?

Cheers!

Any suggestions on him to narrow it down? We looking small like ujoints, or something in the diff? Anything specific one would sound like vs the other?

Cheers!

Start with the splines in the driveshafts. How about you start a new thread in this clubhouse to give it some life :)

I've got one going titled Calling all Cruiserheads, but no love. Was thinking of checking the axles but not an expert. She has made noise when turning since I got her, and she has got grease clumps and ooze on the backside of both balls, so I know she needs a knuckle service. Not sure how to tell if the splines are bad? Was thinking if I am going to tear her down like that it may be worth throwing an extra $800 i don't have at upgrading to the slee axle set that comes with the new birffs. Truck has 225k and has been suffering for a while, so figured might not be a bad idea...Any thoughts? Would love to keep it cheap, but then again it is my wife's f2f and she does cart the kids around. She loves her truck and wants it over something new (what a good woman i have), which is why I am looking to overhaul a bit. Just want to be sure to throw the money in the right places in the right order as I work her back up to trail ready. Thanks again for any thoughts!

I'm Mike in St Pete, got my 60 about a year ago . Looking to put in some wrench equity locally so when the time comes, I have someone to call when I need help!

Found a leak in my windshield and it doesn't look good . Off to a body shop to assess the damage and get it cleaned up with new metal. Wish me luck.

Sajid Yussuf 97 fzj80. Kids call it biggie or greenie. In the new Tampa area
20190515_140935.jpg

Hey guys! I'm Evan, down in Bradenton for now but will be moving up to St Pete area in the spring most likely. Is there anybody in the Bradenton/Sarasota area on here? I've been chasing down an electric "no-start" issue since last Saturday and have about hit a wall. My last thought before towing the rig to a shop is to see if my whole ECU is fried, and I'm hoping there's someone who'd be willing to let me plug theirs in to see if it solves my problem before I throw in the towel and pay someone to get me back on the road.
Pic for attention:
rig.jpeg

Hey guys, I’m Chad. I have been on the forum for awhile but I am in the process of moving to the Tampa area. We just bought a home in Land o Lakes last month and look forward to meeting some more like minded people. You can see my 1981 Fj60 on my thread “South American 1981 fj60”.

Howdy folks.
Back again and wondering if anything is happening in here. I have bought a pretty good amount of parts and getting ready to start wrenching on my 100 that has been down way too long. Does anyone have experience "replacing/rewiring" an alternator plug on a 100 series? I was in the midst of changing mine and found the plug itself started to fall apart in my hands. I need to find one to possibly wire into the harness as I don't want to buy a new harness if I can avoid it. Any input will be appreciated. I've got one other question as I have talked with "musthave" (Tim) on here about him/his shop doing some work and wanted to see if anyone knows him or his work. Not that I don't trust but it is my one 100 and just want to feel secure in his work/etc. I hope I said that in a way to no offense is taken and it is understood. Thanks guys

Last edited:
Greetings,

I'm in the South Tampa area, maybe you have seen my Monstaliner OD green Land Cruiser navigating roads near you. FJ80 with 1996 E-locker swapped axels, If you wanna hits some trails, talk shop or grab a brew hit me up.

FJ80.jpeg

Hello Tampa Bay Land Cruisers. Recently moved back to Lakeland. Lived up in Atlanta the last 5 years. I will certainly miss being close to wheeling up in the N GA mountains, AL forest services roads, Windrock, TN mountains, etc but I’m happy to be back in FL.

I’ve owned a lot of Land Cruiser over the years but currently have two 100’s. One built 04 and my wife drives the 06.

I’m ready to go to Ocala Nat forest, Hard rock, Richloam or wherever else. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys.

I’ll be going to Cruiser on the Rocks this year at Windrock if anyone want to caravan.

Hey cruisers, recently moved to Lakeland earlier this year and just found this clubhouse forum. Looking to get together with some other folks. Hopefully there is more happening than this directory. Looking forward to cruisin'

IMG_20220422_160033_1 Medium.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom