member with radio connections (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

3_puppies

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for the member who can set me up with some communication device.
TIA

Are you looking for CB or ham radio? If ham, I see you are in Helena so you should consider contacting the Capital City Amateur Radio Club (Capital City Amateur Radio Club).

You just need something to take to SD, I have some stuff I could send over with permanent or temp mounts, CB or 2 meter.

Thanks Larry, yes for SD but need a portable for club runs. I chatted with a guy at work and he's got a line on a portable CB.
Paul

Paul, skip the CB and go straight to HAM. The last run I was on everyone had HAM but one guy... 7/8 rigs.

Clarity, distance and portability are hands down being won by HAM radios.

Paul, I have a portable CB you can use as well also a couple of rugged radios if they want to use vhf. just holler on your way through if it doesn't work out.

Paul, skip the CB and go straight to HAM. The last run I was on everyone had HAM but one guy... 7/8 rigs.

Clarity, distance and portability are hands down being won by HAM radios.

problem is the time crunch to get certified for HAM.

If you're good with memorization, hamexam.org has flashcards, practice exams, and the question pool. Spending an hour a day, most folks can memorize enough of the questions to pass the practice exams consistently within 1-2 weeks. If you're motivated, you can probably do it faster. Then the trick is then finding an exam. If you contact the local ham clubs and tell them your situation they may put together a special exam session for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom