Mechanical vs. Electric.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, so I have my 60 now, and the PO bypassed the mechanical fuel pump and placed an electric one on there. The problem right now is it leaks from the electric pump where the lines come into it, and with gas being like gold that is no good to me. I have had better results in the past with the OE mechanical pumps, but I just wanted to get a feel for what others thought about the pump on the 2F, I am sure the mechanical would outperform the electric one, but just give me some feedback when you can.....

I prefer the electric cause when a diafram fails in a oem the gas can get into the motor.....that can be bad news if not caught soon enough

Last edited:
mechanicals are prefectly fine

If you have an electric, get a press regulator (it can vary considerably) and make sure you have a spare.

Ok so the shop down the street tells me that due to the high mileage (219k) that the mechanical one does not work most likely due to the crankshaft being worn down in that spot? Has anyone had this happen before? I thought that little piece inside there was replaceable, but I am thinking back to friends who have 40's with the mechanical pump still working....

what Jim said..

Tell the shop that the pump runs off the cam ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom