Measurement Need Early FJ40 Chassis - Please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, would someone have a 1974 to around 1978 FJ40 chassis they are working on in there garage to be able to measure the distance between the chassis engine mount holes . I have attached a photo. I know the measurement of the later model but they have there engine mounts further back.

It's just every diagram I have does not show this measurement on the earlier model chassis.

Thanks

FJ40-43-Frame-chart.jpg

Hey mate dont know if this helps buy my 71 model is 500mm center to center of the bolt holes.

IMG_1150.JPG

IMG_1151.JPG

Last edited:
That's brilliant, the RJ70 chassis mounts are 480mm and on steeper angle which will suit the 60 series engine mounts of the 12ht/2H, so I won't need to use the brackets out of a HJ47 that had a 2H in it.

Could you do me one more favour, could measure both left & right mounts hole on your chassis to the leading top edge of the cross member where the front bib bolts onto.

IMG_1150.JPG

No dramas mate will do it tomorrow for you.

Sorry mate will try and get it done tomorrow. Had to medivac the young fella to Cairns after he had a gutsa on his BMX bike in the skate bowl yesterday. Only got back to Cooktown this afternoon.

Thanks mate yeah he is OK they thought that he had fractured his eye socket and that is why they flew him down to Cairns for a scan and also to make sure that he didnt have any bleeding inside his head.

I went down and measured those distances this morning. I ran a straight edge across and came up with 350mm on the drivers side and 375mm on the passenger side. Hope this helps.
IMG_1160.JPG
IMG_1161.JPG
IMG_1162.JPG
IMG_1163.JPG
IMG_1164.JPG

Yep, exactly what I wanted, thanks for your help, I just have to consider now if I use a set of FJ40 chassis mounts or reuse the 70 series ones.

The difference is the angle face of the mount where the engine rubber mounts bolt on. The FJ40 chassis mounts are flatter keeping the engine higher in the engine bay where the 70 series like the 60 series lowers the engine?

No problems glad to help.

Thanks, I have noticed that the RJ70 chassis mount actually sit higher than the FJ40 chassis mounts in the frame, so hopefully I will use the RJ70 mounts with the 60 series engine rubber mounts & engine brackets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom