Builds Maytag. 1967 LPB, a daily driven survivor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Early transfer case will not bolt up to a late h41, h55, I understand wanting to keep the vacuum t/c, but a newer split case is the way to go..

If that's the case I might stick with an earlier h41 and the conversion kit for the TC. Cruiser parts sells a kit to do exactly that.

I want to keep a little originality haha. (Also the lower low-range of the 3 speed case is nice)

Edit: I was under the impression that the H41 bolts up no problem as long as the input gear on the TC is switched out? I thought it was the H42 that has a different spline count and won't work?

Last edited:
Spend the money on a long fj60 4 speed (to be converted to 5 speed later) and wait on the turbo.

I'm not going to install all of this until I have everything ready to go and drop in. Even if that's a few years from now.

I'll do more research on the setup I want trans/tc-wise, but it's definitely getting a turbo 🙂

If I was going to use it all night I would get one that does not require an electric charge to keep it going. There are manual ones.

This works with a split case

Well... This is happening y'all. Now the gathering of all the random small bits begins.

20201011_192714.jpg
20201012_073928.jpg
20201012_073922.jpg
20201012_073910.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom