May 2011 tech day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I for one wold like to just start with the basics of Hi lifts, winch, straps.

Anyone headed back to Fairfax/Tyson'sCorner area after the day and have room to give me a ride back?

I'm trying to take my '80 down and leave it at IPOR for some stuff and would need a ride back home if the plan is to work out. Any takers? I'll buy breakfast ;)

thanks.

Anyone headed back to Fairfax/Tyson'sCorner area after the day and have room to give me a ride back?

I'm trying to take my '80 down and leave it at IPOR for some stuff and would need a ride back home if the plan is to work out. Any takers? I'll buy breakfast ;)

thanks.

I might be able to help you depending upon what time this ends. Im supposed to meet a few people at the range afterwards. How long do these usually go?

I may be able to help too. Although i may have to leave a little early.

thanks guys.

J - how long does it go? I've had to leave by noon before to make a family commitment, no one threw stones at me, so I figure we can go as late as convenient.

T- thank you, again, a little early is fine - it's not like i'm going to complain when I'm the one getting the ride home ;)

i'll let you guys fight it out over the free breakfast then!

I can give you a ride home as well.

thanks guys.

J - how long does it go? I've had to leave by noon before to make a family commitment, no one threw stones at me, so I figure we can go as late as convenient.

i'll let you guys fight it out over the free breakfast then!

I wont be making the breakfast. Im checking with my buddy to see when he wants to meet. We are going to Sharpshooters in Lorton so it depends on the timing.

I'm planning to be there. Should I be prepared to do any electrical projects?

Ed

Im sure I could melt/ toast/ smoke something that might require fixing...

Ed

I thought Ed was always prepared ?

Ed
you could prob prepare to explain differences in permanent magnet and series wound motors.

I had planned to show/tell how to run a winch motor when solenoids fail.

You could also prob whisper sweet (incab control)nothings into the guys ears.

i'd bet detail "how it works" for the controls/motors would go over well.

I'm thinkin you guys are gonna learn alot saturday.

P.S. pretty sure Ryan is gonna create a recovery test with his "pumpkin" in the rock garden Fri.

Well guys have fun and learn from the masters. Work has consumed me lately and I will be working tomorrow while you guys are winching

I am still in, but I have to take the dog to the vet in Occoquan at 10. Make sure to do a lot of pre demonstration parking lot chat.

Heck, by 10 o'clock we'll have pulled the bumpers off of both Pumpkin and Vince's 80...but Ed will save some burnt toast for ya...

the pumpkin is not going to be the one needing recovery.......

Shirley has gotten "Wrinkles" stuck in the middle of the rock garden with what sounds like a dead birf.

should be good fun/learning!!

Cam is still out of town, but logged in at the shop....oops!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom