Mark your Calendars! Cruiser Days 2023 is in Squamish! Howe Sound Secondary School, August 12, 9am (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2B7AEE44-45AD-4B59-A0F3-F64E343F99F8.jpeg

0A3075B4-0D07-4332-A896-C4C359A9F041.jpeg

95F169A2-F675-4E11-957A-0E0F2A0BF1AB.jpeg

D0308BC5-E784-4EC3-B72D-084B60271B13.jpeg

8EDB9DD1-5F5E-4F5F-9F9C-4D0A8C87D881.jpeg

C368CF4B-30A3-4C4E-8A9D-1BEFCB87F6C5.jpeg

417E369C-3D1B-4FF6-836B-6C58F0B62F59.jpeg

Ill be there. Planning to camp for the night of and head back to kamloops sunday afternoon/evening. Looking forward to seeing some of the area.

That's going to be a great trip... but, please look at the Wildfire BC reports.
Looks like Highline over Anderson is closed due to huge fire right into Seton Portage, and Downton Lake fire has caused major issues at Gun Lk and Goldbridge, with Evac alert to Tyaughton Lk. Thoughts go out to all those affected by the fires. Let's all play safely out there.
Franz

Due to these uncertain fires, may I suggest we finalized the trip plan when we meet in Squamish, based on intel we know at that time.
Keep in mind - the trip could be re routed or cut short due to fires and unhealthy smoke.

For the extended trip - so far, we have:

Glenn-BJ74 (Glenn - Kelowna)
Greg_B (Greg- Abbotsford)
604mike (Mike- Maple Ridge)
Olandevo (from Kamloops)

An ideal trip size is about 4 to 8 trucks, but more is fine. Who will be packing a chainsaws?

PS if it works out on return and for anyone interested we could swing say hi to Matt R (near 100 Mile) and maybe Dan (Barrier).
We need some rain.

If Highline and the Hurley FSR are blocked next weekend we can go Duffy/Lillooet/ Moha/ Carpenter Lake - all paved … Lol

I've never been to Cruiser Days, but I'm excited to try it out this year. The troopy has lots of rust, maybe I'll win something. See you guys there!

The worst-in-show prize is particularly nice this year. :clap:

I was thinking of heading up Friday, but we're not sure where we'll stay the night, would be nice to crash close to the school, obviously we won't be setting up any kind of camp, just popping open the RTT. Any suggestions? And Rob, we can give you a hand setting up in the morning.

Hoping to come, just for a day trip on Sat.

I was thinking of heading up Friday, but we're not sure where we'll stay the night, would be nice to crash close to the school, obviously we won't be setting up any kind of camp, just popping open the RTT. Any suggestions? And Rob, we can give you a hand setting up in the morning.
cheekye fsr & the brohm ridge split off (aka the cat lake road) north of squamish is easy access and about 15 minutes out of town, lots of nice views up the ridge!

Hi Antarctican. Unfortunately Squamish is not overnight camping friendly within the district (see Camping bylaw aims to enforce camping restrictions in sensitive areas - https://squamish.ca/yourgovernment/news/district-of-squamish-adopts-camping-bylaw-to-enforce-no-camping-restrictions-in-sensitive-areas/).
There are a number of areas outside of district boundaries:
1. Mamquam FSR just south of town
2. Cat Lake about 10 minutes north of town just before Brohm
3. Paradise Valley campsite (private) ~15-20 min from town.
DM me and I'll give you my phone number if you want to talk... easier sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom