March/April Trails (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
March/April Trails showed up yesterday February 28th. Complete surprise, as I did not expect it for a few weeks. Great Job once again. Tony's articles are fun to read and a great history lesson for those of us that have not been around very long.
Dave

Last edited:
Thank you! They take a lot of work and this has been no small effort.

Special thanks with regards to this current article to Gary Bjork and Henry Brimmer ( and others of course ) and specific thanks to Todd K. for having the confidence in me to tackle such a large and important project as this. While I take credit for assembling the info into an article, Todd is certainly the one who turns words into magic.

Truthfully, had we not undertaken this effort now, I believe we would have lost this information forever in the very near future. Folks are already beginning to forget and the sources are becoming slim.

The history of TLCA articles have been wonderful. Tony, it's fantastic that you were willing to take this on. Love those Rainey Kirk illustrations -- is he still around?

The new issue is way cool. The Icon is awesome, just too much money for me.

rainey's been out of cruisers for a while.

Talked to Todd about the History undertaking last night over a dab of Maker's Mark.

He has nothing but great things to say about the "History Team" and especially the hard work Twiddy is putting into it.

8 boxes of stuff :eek: I want to peek at that :)

Great mag and some awesome diversity in the articles this time.

I think the history articles are awesome. I mean for me I've been waiting for them since the 25th anniversary.

Speaking of history, Tony I have something pretty cool for the Rubithon Raffle. I have a probably 8" round magnet from 1977-79 (estimated years from the original owner) with the old logo on it with San Fernando Valley as the chapter on the bottom. It took me a long time to track this down and what I think is cool about it is that it is used and has a few scars. Imagine that this magnet was running around on a FJ40 in 1977 and now it is 2006 and it could be running around on another Cruiser. I'm planning on wearing on the hood of my 80 as I do the Rubithon and then it goes to the raffle. I'd love to keep it. But I was trying to find something unique, precious, and special to bring to Rubithon and I look at it and realize that is it.

I haven't had a chance to read the whole TT yet. I'm really slow at getting through this one as I have grant due today. It has sort of taken priority over TT for a few days.

I'm always amazed at the new and interesting stuff that turns up in TT.

Eric V.

Last edited:
Got mine yesterday....I have to tip my hat to you all. What a great publication....now off to the office ;)

Kudos!

This TT is a great one! I loved the history article. It brings back some
wonderful memories I had let slip away. THANKS TO ALL who contributed
and especially to Tony and Todd. Gary Bjork was and is my hero!
Man, it was good to hear from Henry Cubillian. Princess looks fantastic.
I want to see what he's done with his expedition trailer in a future piece.
TLC Icon....geez.....what a nice truck!
Good job all around.

Wow. I just got the Jan/Feb shipment today....

I just finished reading most of the latest issue. Probably one of the best if not the best issue so far. They keep getting better but the layout, new binder, clean ad's, and alot of great info packed in. I was REALLY impressed with this issue. Of course one of the only club trips I missed got a nice story. Congrats to Todd and all involved.
fing.gif

wesintl said:
I just finished reading most of the latest issue. Probably one of the best if not the best issue so far. They keep getting better but the layout, new binder, clean ad's, and alot of great info packed in. I was REALLY impressed with this issue. Of course one of the only club trips I missed got a nice story. Congrats to Todd and all involved.
fing.gif

That'll show you Wes:flipoff2:

Enjoyed the latest issue. Thanks again Todd and everybody else:beer:

:bounce: Got the March/April issue today. Nothing like a Trails overdose.

I think this edition of Tubby is my all time fav of the series... 'cause they're in my neck of the woods :cool:

Must've been a very bad boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom