Events/Trails March 2019 Trail Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
kyle-landcruiser.blogspot.com
All, The March Trail run is supposed to be this coming weekend (March 16th). I haven't had a chance to check out trail conditions down south, but have a feeling its snowed in pretty good. It tops out at over 11000 feet. Anybody have any suggestions about trails we could run since this one may be out for a few months due to snow? Or do we want to head down and make a snow/recovery run out of it!

These web cams for La Veta Pass and the little community of La Veta are the only indicators I have to suggest conditions.

The pass is snowy and if not DOT maintained would likely be impassible, so I assume the same condition (impassible) for any nearby road that isn't maintained.

Kyle, and @yotaboy, what are conditions around Pueblo West and Canon City?

We could possibly do Seep Springs area, or something I have thought of in the past--do a trash clean up at a few of the parking spots in the Peublo Reservoir WMA (northwest side of the reservoir). This would be more of a community service or meet & greet kind of activity versus "trail ride".

conditions are perfect... we got some rain is all yesturday, no snow... we never got to do the banks look last year when you guys came this direction

yes i as far as i know its all open.. i know for sure that seep springs is open... the banks loop would be the only quesstionable one for opening... they havent closed seep springs all winter which is different... i guess they dont have the man power or something.

You suggest we do the Banks Loop? Kyle are you in for this weekend?

OK, for the Springs gang, lets plan on meeting at the south rally point (Safeway store on S. Nevada Avenue) at 8am to 8:30am; from there we drive south 115 to Penrose and link-up with Pueblo West gang, and drive 50 to Canon City. We can link up with @yotaboy at/near Wal Mart.

Last edited:
yeah that all sounds good... the banks look is similiar to the seep springs but not quite as many obstacles... but very cool

so with travel time i'm assuming you guys probably wont be rolling into town until 10ish... which seems late but we will be posted at walmart a little before that

Reactions: SAS
ok guys here it is!! sorry for the delay

Nice work. I wish I could have made the run. I may wander that way in the next week or two can you send me that .gpx track?

Thanks again,

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom