Manual tranny conversion in a 100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been driving my new '99 Cruiser for about two weeks now. While the power in this thing is fantastic, I miss the manual transmission I had in my '94 4Runner.

I believe I have the same engine as the Tundra and that the Tundra has a manual transmission available, has any heard of a swap that could be performed. What about a transmission from Australia, or perhaps a Lexus model here in the US?

I want my third pedal back.

It'd probably be easier to just buy another 4Runner or 60 series...you'd be lookin' at major bucks to get the transmission (which I'm not sure was available in a 100 series with IFS/V8 even in OZ) and then get the computers to talk to each other, not to mention the clutch plumbing components.

Nice pipe dream though. :-\

-H-

Toy-man: Do some searching on this forum. There have been some pretty indepth discussions on this in regards to the 80 series.

In summary it's not easy. I've switched from a manual 60 series and was worried about the auto. I've now got used to the auto and love it.

:cheers: R

Are you sure the tundra V8 is available with a manual? I thought the manual only was available with V6 tundras.

Jared

The V8 Tundra is not available with a manual transmission.

there will be multiple problems with converting but especially obdII diagnostics. if you are in california you cannot put a manual in period because it never came into the country with a manual.

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=8713;start=msg74984#msg74984 date=1071254789]
The V8 Tundra is not available with a manual transmission.
[/quote]

I thought the 2wd version was available with manual, at least a couple of years ago, while the 4wd is auto only?

-Jim

Nope.

Manuals only available behind the V6...... :'(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom