AltFuel make a wvo tanke with fuel sealant vs welding (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Aircraft with wet fuel tanks use sealent so, why not do the same by making a steel or aluminum tank with rivets and sealent?

Also, any place under the bj60 or inside,for a spare wvo tank? Wonder if cutting out the sheet metal under the rear seat, and welding in a steel tub to hold the would work for a tank ? Its a interesting idea that could work. The seat mounts would stay in the same place. Tub depth would depend how far it can extend so it does not hit the drive line bellow it.

Likely, no one has any knowledge on the matter.

I found a used low profile marine tank that fit in the cargo area. It's only 6" tall so doesn't take up much space and holds 37 gal.
For the low price of a used tank, if you find one that fits, it might not be worth the hassle of building one.

I tried a tank on the roof rack, but made the vehicle too top heavy.

Look up RED-Kote It would seal pinholes from a home welding job, but probably not a rivet job.

I made an aluminum tank, welded for the bottom half, and top bolted on (so you can access for cleaning, or installing heat exchangers). I put it in the trunk, and built a storage/sleeping platform around it.

Link is in my signature...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom