MA insurance rates drop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

40Flipper

Master of Nothing
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.rinnadvisors.com
I'm sure most MA residents know that the MA insurance industry was sort of de-regulated as of April 1. They call it "managed competition" whatever that means. Either way I just started to re-do my policies today.

I joined my wife's existing auto policy which is Arbella which is also our house insurance. By switching over and getting a multi-car discount, we're saving 20% on our homeowners insurance and my wife saves an additional 5% on her auto policy.

My perfect driving record (no idea how that's possible) means my policy rate is going down drastically. They are finalizing the quote tomorrow but it looks like I'll save about $500 per year and maybe a bit more.

Also, just got a quote from Hagerty Collector car insurance and they came back at $150 per year for a collector car valued at $15K with a $300 deductible. I was spending roughly $400 per year for the weekend land cruiser.

Either way anyone that lives in MA should hop on this and save some $$$.

I was excited to hear this as well. Back before the point system we were such bad drivers all but a few insurers left the commonwealth sighting that they couldn't make money here. Glad to see things have turned around.

I think the advent of a ton of new insurance companies out there and more drivers on the road it prolly makes better sense to compete now rather than it was back in the 70's and 80's. New safety equipment and designs of cars prolly help too. It's nice when the govt truly saves you money for a change!

its about dam time they fixed the auto insurance in this state it was getting out of hand:bang: now they just need to fix the dam roads

its about dam time they fixed the auto insurance in this state it was getting out of hand:bang: now they just need to fix the dam roads

Not all of them.;)

Got my quote back. I saved $580 per year on my DD and $400 for the weekend beater. That's an extra grand to spend on hookers and related sundries.

They take great care of 495. :rolleyes:

go take a ride down rt-1 from 95 to Boston what a raging POS crumbling jersey barriers and bridges its kinda scary you know its bad when you can see exposed re-bar roting away....now thats something to role your eyes about:flipoff2:

go take a ride down rt-1 from 95 to Boston what a raging POS crumbling jersey barriers and bridges its kinda scary you know its bad when you can see exposed re-bar roting away....now thats something to role your eyes about:flipoff2:

I know exactly what you're talking about. That road blows.

Man, try driving through Brockton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom