M101A with a 100-Series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Living in the Past what is the dump mechanism? I can't tell from your picture. is there just a simple pivot point in the frame?

@Living in the Past what is the dump mechanism? I can't tell from your picture. is there just a simple pivot point in the frame?

It's a very simple system. You remove two pins on the A frame that hold it up to the front of the bed. Lock the wheels using the two cable brakes. Then just back up and the bed rotates. At first I would back up until the bed was almost vertical. One the cast pieces the A frame pivots off of broke. Now stop once the back of the bed touches the ground. Removed the tailgate and replaced it with a fixed one made of square tubing and expanded metal. With that removed I can release the hand brakes drive forward. Makes it much easier getting pine needles, oak leafs and branches to slide out. This is the main purpose for this trailer.

I do not want to be "that guy," but these trailers were not designed to dump. The mechanism that folds the tongue down was designed for storage, not dumping. Dumping can mess up the taillights, wiring, put stress where it pivots, etc. Ton of info on this at steelsoldiers.com.

This being said, not my business to tell anyone what to do with their trailer. Dump away. That is what is so special about this great country we live in.

Ok. good info.

A8987377-7EC9-43A1-BFD6-B4F775036778.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom