LX570 Snokel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got my monster snorkel out (of Russia), 2 years before they invaded Ukraine. I would‘ve felt differently then if I knew they were gonna give Ukraine the shaft.
The random snorkel company invaded Ukraine? That's pretty brutal stuff -- we'll have to make sure the history books get revised accordingly.

Nice look great. I did order one then because of the war his money is was all tied up with PayPal so he gave me a refund. I waited for him to get stripe set up so I could order it again. I paid him a couple days ago. Wish me luck.

Any advise, tips, or tricks on the install?
Measure ( dry fit) 2X 3X, 4x , cut once. I taped it on my truck for fitting every time. I bought a thin rubberized liner with w/adhesive backing from Amazon . I cut it to size the side of the snorkel that touches the truck, all the way to the scoop, to eliminate rubbing and a secure fit.
i used a jigsaw w/ a very fine metal cutter To cut the hole in the panel. They provide you with a template for that.
My only regret, if I can redo mine, was to swap out the hardware that came with it. The screws were short and I had to really struggle to get it in and tighten it. Replacing it with a longer stainless one would make your life easier. And of course, SOP, paint all cut up metals and plug all holes w/ silicone

Measure ( dry fit) 2X 3X, 4x , cut once. I taped it on my truck for fitting every time. I bought a thin rubberized liner with w/adhesive backing from Amazon . I cut it to size the side of the snorkel that touches the truck, all the way to the scoop, to eliminate rubbing and a secure fit.
i used a jigsaw w/ a very fine metal cutter To cut the hole in the panel. They provide you with a template for that.
My only regret, if I can redo mine, was to swap out the hardware that came with it. The screws were short and I had to really struggle to get it in and tighten it. Replacing it with a longer stainless one would make your life easier. And of course, SOP, paint all cut up metals and plug all holes w/ silicone
Good luck with the install. If you need more info down the line , don't hesitate to reach out.

I have the bigger/beefier versions since 2020 and i dont mind selling one but they are expensive ($1200+)

I have the prefacelift versions and they will fit perfectly but you will need to do some custom work for the inner connection to the body and airbox. I am using mine for engine cooling of components im installing

7704A701-6306-410E-A922-A10B994600EF.jpeg

Good luck with the install. If you need more info down the line , don't hesitate to reach out.
Thanks, Can you send me a link to the rubber you bought? I might try finding some of that stuff you stick to the body panel to protect against rock chips.

So my snorkel is here. Unboxed and it looks good. @RDR78 did you do much smoothing putty or Bondo before you painted? There are definitely sanding and or grinding marks on it. They sent a sweet fiberglass template that fits the vehicle nicely. Also did you paint it or did you pay to have it professionally done?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom