LX570 Owner...Finally!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Long time lurker converted to first-time owner. After about 6-7 months of actively looking for an 09-11 LX570, I finally pulled the trigger on one!!! Scoured the internet daily (cargurus, autotempest, autotrader, craigslist, etc.) looking for a clean, low owner, sub 125k mileage LX. My wish list excluded a lot of vehicles, but I figured if I was patient enough, the right one would come along.

I drove probably half a dozen LX's and almost bought 2 prior to this one. Oddly enough, this one was at a local buy here/pay here lot with OK reviews about 5 miles from my house. I had written it off early in the search process due to it being at a questionable lot and it had the most awful set of wheels anyone ever put on an LX. After completely exhausting all other options, I decided to go see it in person. To my surprise it looked much better in person than on the website and it drove great! It's a 1-owner car with a clean carfax, solid dealer maintenance, and 111k miles. It sat on the lot for over 100 days...I think mostly b/c of the awful wheels it had on it. Had a PPI done by a local Lexus mechanic and came back with a clean bill of health. Price was $29,291 and they wouldn't budge a cent!!! Glad the search is finally over!

Here's a pic from the day I bought it...
LX1.jpg

And how it sits now with Tundra Wheels and 285/65r18 KO2's inflated to 37 PSI thanks to @gaijin (Pics in H mode)
LX2.jpg

LX3.jpg

Last edited:
Nice rims & tire combo!

Now the fun can finally begin :bounce:

Absolutely @Sandroad!!! Not planning on doing very much to it...at least not for a while. Want to drive it as-is and figure out what I really want/need as far as mods go.

For now, long-term plans include (in the order they are likely to occur):

• DIY Sleeping Platform
  • Prinsu Roof Rack
  • ARB or Trail Tailor Recovery Points
  • Slee Sliders
  • Dissent Rear Bumper

AYYYYYY, look at this @Jeff Elliott. Stock black LX and not too far.

Welcome Aubie, i have a running board customer for you.

AYYYYYY, look at this @Jeff Elliott. Stock black LX and not too far.

Welcome Aubie, i have a running board customer for you.
Thanks @NeMal512! It'll likely be summer before I'm ready for sliders...Sorry @Jeff Elliott!!! Need to let production to catch up to demand. Luckily it gives me plenty of time to start rat holing some cash. I plan on doing LC rockers when that time comes.

Thanks @NeMal512! It'll likely be summer before I'm ready for sliders...Sorry @Jeff Elliott!!! Need to let production to catch up to demand. Luckily it gives me plenty of time to start rat holing some cash. I plan on doing LC rockers when that time comes.

No, hes the customer, not you.

Crazy how a simple wheel/tire swap can completely transform the looks of a vehicle. Congrats on the 200, she looks great.

@NeMal512 I understood...just meant that it will likely be a little while before I pull mine off. Probably longer than @Jeff Elliott is willing to wait

Right, i got that part too. You can run without them sans issue. Not sure what your needs are though but i assumed with sliders and build plans its not a family hauler.
Its not super often someone actually wants the stock running boards, and its close by in the same color. Thought it was a good opportunity for the both of you.

No worries at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom