LX 570 with EVO Corse wheels? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I agree with Teckis. Our trucks were practically built for 285/70R17.. i ran them just fine with the OE spacer lift. As for off road, they are very capable. That is what the Dakar 200s run. IMO 265 is too narrow off road for the weight of a US 200 and that isn’t even considering bead retention and roadholding.

My push for the gears on the tire size mentioned above reflects being particularly sensitive to how the vehicle acts, and the fact that I spend significant time at freeway speeds while at altitude where the truck makes less power at all RPMs. If you are towing at all you probably won’t be in 6th gear anyway. But to teckis point a few posts above at some tire size we do have to start thinking about gearing or we’ve effectively written off one or two of our transmission ratios.

I agree with Teckis. Our trucks were practically built for 285/70R17.. i ran them just fine with the OE spacer lift. As for off road, they are very capable. That is what the Dakar 200s run. IMO 265 is too narrow off road for the weight of a US 200 and that isn’t even considering bead retention and roadholding.

My push for the gears on the tire size mentioned above reflects being particularly sensitive to how the vehicle acts, and the fact that I spend significant time at freeway speeds while at altitude where the truck makes less power at all RPMs. If you are towing at all you probably won’t be in 6th gear anyway. But to teckis point a few posts above at some tire size we do have to start thinking about gearing or we’ve effectively written off one or two of our transmission ratios.
Thanks fellas! AT 285/70/17 ticks all the boxes for me and what I was shooting for out of the gate. Understanding and being cognizant of the trade offs and compromises will be very helpful! Again thank you!!

I as well have towed about 15,000 miles with my LX…a good chunk at elevation…with stock set up and it has been very enjoyable. I will say having strong electric/hydraulic brakes (which probably cost me more than a gear change would)…has been very reassuring on more than a few occasions in the mountains.

I’ll post a few picks when I get the rig all together. The Zone Expedition 12 I tow (long story there) is a lot of fun and the perfect match for a 200!!! Been to some crazy places already…even with stock wheels and Michelin Latitudes!

All the best!!

Thanks fellas! AT 285/70/17 ticks all the boxes for me and what I was shooting for out of the gate. Understanding and being cognizant of the trade offs and compromises will be very helpful! Again thank you!!

I as well have towed about 15,000 miles with my LX…a good chunk at elevation…with stock set up and it has been very enjoyable. I will say having strong electric/hydraulic brakes (which probably cost me more than a gear change would)…has been very reassuring on more than a few occasions in the mountains.

I’ll post a few picks when I get the rig all together. The Zone Expedition 12 I tow (long story there) is a lot of fun and the perfect match for a 200!!! Been to some crazy places already…even with stock wheels and Michelin Latitudes!

All the best!!

All the best!!
By the way...the Electric/Hydraulic Brakes I mentioned on my prior post were in reference to the ZE12 not the LX! 😉

Whatever AT tire you all land on, I'd encourage you to go bigger and wider. No need to stay with these mild sizes as the LX can run bigger than the common LC200 sizes.

KO2s offer an interesting 295/70R17 that spec to 33.3" x 11.8". I'd go with that if you're doing KO2s.
Do you think the 295's will slip right on the EVO 17x8s and the LX without much drama? I actually like the it idea as it really doesn't add that much additional diameter.

Do you think the 295's will slip right on the EVO 17x8s and the LX without much drama? I actually like the it idea as it really doesn't add that much additional diameter.

I think it has a great chance of dropping right in. A bit meatier in height and width should set off the rig nicely. Rubbing, if any, would be superficial on plastics and should be trivial to solve.

I run a 295x70/18 which is a full inch taller with only minor drama. But if I were towing I would not do it without a regear.

I agree a 33.3" tire can work fine for towing without a re-gear. You'll feel it, especially getting off the line, but should work just fine. Once at cruiser, it may actually have benefits, as a pseudo creates a 4.5 gear ratio. Meaning if you tow with 4th on the stock tires, you'll still be able to tow in 4th but will a bit less RPM so it benefits long haul efficiency.

Throw in some performance brake pads, something like Hawk HPS, and that'll bring the brake torque almost back.

I run a 295x70/18 which is a full inch taller with only minor drama. But if I were towing I would not do it without a regear.
I agree a 33.3" tire can work fine for towing without a re-gear. You'll feel it, especially getting off the line, but should work just fine. Once at cruiser, it may actually have benefits, as a pseudo creates a 4.5 gear ratio. Meaning if you tow with 4th on the stock tires, you'll still be able to tow in 4th but will a bit less RPM so it benefits long haul efficiency.

Throw in some performance brake pads, something like Hawk HPS, and that'll bring the brake torque almost back.
Again thanks for the help fella's! I think I am going to go for the 295/70/17 KO2's. I'll just plan my trips and travel on days when the wind is going my direction! :) I need to take things a little slower anyhow.

Here’s my contribution. Standard spec 18x8.5 et45 from Mainline.

Went with what seems to be very uncommon silver (to go with the chrome trim), pics don’t do the finish justice- looks nearly white in photos, very bright silver with large metallic flakes in person. Bright but I love the look.

Tires are Toyo AT3 in LT285/65/18 (E). I’m at about 35 psi now, which is too low- but they’re very comfy and very quiet on the highway.

High mode:
970126CE-01B3-486F-A3B2-1F4D425E0411.jpeg

Normal mode:
1B63DF3B-24D0-4D6E-BA2A-7318479789B7.jpeg

Went with what seems to be very uncommon silver (to go with the chrome trim), pics don’t do the finish justice- looks nearly white in photos, very bright silver with large metallic flakes in person. Bright but I love the look.

Tires are Toyo AT3 in LT285/65/18 (E). I’m at about 35 psi now, which is too low- but they’re very comfy and very quiet on the highway.

High mode:
View attachment 2946062

Very Nice!!!! Wheels/Tires look great!

High mode:
View attachment 2946062

Normal mode:
View attachment 2946063
I really like that combination. Well done.

I forgot to add, as usual- these Toyos balanced VERY well. Roadforce numbers where 8-11 for all of them. That's low even for a lightweight passenger car tire.

I won't tell you that The AT3 is vastly superior to the KO2 since that would be so controversial! :)

I forgot to add, as usual- these Toyos balanced VERY well. Roadforce numbers where 8-11 for all of them. That's low even for a lightweight passenger car tire.

I won't tell you that The AT3 is vastly superior to the KO2 since that would be so controversial! :)
👍…sounds great…I’m sure those Toyo’s are very nice. I’ve seen/heard a lot of good things about them! I’m really not a hard sell either way…but do tend toward Michelin products most tires purchases. Good personal history and a bit of habit with Michelin I guess.
I unfortunately just found out the 295/70/17 ko2’s are back ordered…out maybe 20 weeks or so. I’m way too impatient for that along with the potential for even longer delays. Crazy!
So I just went with the 285/70/17’s (E) ko2’s they have in inventory. I want to get those Evo’s on the truck! Kind of bummed but I’ll live.😊

Went with matte black Evo’s 285/70/17’s with Mickey Thompson Baja Boss & couldn’t be happier! My first choice was the Matte Bronze but that was an eight month wait which I wasn’t willing to do.

I’m thinking of taking off the white decals on the wheels. Anyone have experience taking these off? Pretty easy?

7F89C833-A376-4DE0-B890-47AE1AA8FB40.jpeg

Went with matte black Evo’s 285/70/17’s with Mickey Thompson Baja Boss & couldn’t be happier! My first choice was the Matte Bronze but that was an eight month wait which I wasn’t willing to do.

I’m thinking of taking off the white decals on the wheels. Anyone have experience taking these off? Pretty easy?

View attachment 2969616
Truck looks fantastic! Honestly...the white lettering kinda works. Mickey Thompson's look really nice! Thoughts about tire noise cruising on the highway?

Yeah, I removed my black stickers, much more "under the radar" looking now.

I started with a 3M adhesive removal wheel, but determined just taking off with my finger nails worked better. Took about 5 minutes at a gas station!

Truck looks fantastic! Honestly...the white lettering kinda works. Mickey Thompson's look really nice! Thoughts about tire noise cruising on the highway?
Thanks! I little louder than the stock setup for sure but honestly depends on the quality of the road/pavement….Similar to the Toyo’s. All around, very happy with them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom