Lupdog's 1967 FJ45V Wagon (Aust spec LV) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi :)

I though it was about time I posted up a few pics of my recently acquired FJ45V. Did you know the "L" in LV stands for left hand drive? RHD versions were just designated as FJ45V so I am going to call this rig the "V Wagon".

I first became aware of the existence of the FJ45LV while surfing mud quite few years ago. At the time I thought the were the coolest 40 series ever. I had never seen nor heard of them before and for a good while I thought they must have been produced for the US market only so I had resigned myself to the fact that I would never have one. Then, while watching a youtube link from mud about early landcruiser history in Australia I happened to see an FJ45V wagon drive quickly across the screen. Only a fleeting glimpse, but I then realised that they must have imported at least a few at one time so my dream of ownership was not totally dead and buried! Fast forward a few years and here I am with a s*** eating grin every time I look in my shed and see my FJ45V.:cool:

I purchased it of epay. I probably paid a little too much considering the poor shape it is in but these things are super rare in this country (maybe 20 or 30?) so I can't complain. It is currently stuffed in the shed and I won't have a chance to do much or any work on it until we can move house.

The truck at first glance:

-No engine or gearbox
-LOTS of rust, worst in the upper body/roof line but I'm sure lots more will show itself when the paint starts coming off :doh:
-No front bench seat
-Some glass missing including windscreen
-set of 4 16" split rims with hubcap tabs :cool:
-chassis looks solid
-most interior appointments are there minus one set of door hardware

The plan is get back to stock look. I'm still tossing up how far I will go towards full purist stock. The big debate for me will be driveabitlity of an F engine with 3 speed. I plan on driving this a lot, (not offroad). Safety will be one thing that will take me away from pure stock. Brakes (front disc) and good seatbelt options are a must for me.

A few pics. The only full external shots I have were taken the night it rolled off the delivery truck and it was drizzling I'm afraid.

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

The next day after work I was able to push it into the shed (literally) with the tractor. The :princess: sitting on a milk crate and doing the steering while my two little tackers were testing out the rear bench seat. It was a cool afternoon!

IMG_0733.JPG

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

a few more:

check out the B pillar interior lights and how you access the bulb :cool:

The third pic is of a spare one attached to a piece of B pillar that I found in the truck. Rust monsters were very busy on the 45V that that one came off :eek:

I believe these B pillar lights were not used on US spec vehicles.

IMG_0755.JPG

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

The dead heart:

From searching I believe the red brown colour could be undercoat. I can't recall seeing too many original engine bay pics in other threads - what colour should it be?

IMG_0813.jpg

Dash:

By the look of things I believe this truck was 3 on the floor from factory. The holes in the dash don't suggest the FD setup was there.

I love the glovebox door hinges. None of my other 40s have this - was it a GIFU thing?

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

The rusty interior:

Many headaches to come....

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0792.JPG

More rust carnage:

I think that A pillar is more bondo than metal :doh:

IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

Some good bits:

Rear brake light lenses are in great shape. Non US rear turn signals (not so great). I thought the interior door pulls were non stock until I tracked down a pic of the same ones in another thread - I believe they are late model (67?)

IMG_0804.JPG

IMG_0806.JPG

IMG_0810.JPG

Was that the one on ebay a little while agao? Looka good apart from a litttle rust. Yes they did have a 3 speed in them. That glove box is ths same as the 25s it ran up to around 1968 in the 40s as well. Acopple of pickies of one in the bush that is very very rusty,but a few good bits still on it. Had a great stearing box that fitted a 25 just great.

rbd 014.jpg

rbd 010.jpg

rbd 012.jpg

Last edited:
Was that the one on ebay a little while agao? Looka good apart from a litttle rust. Yes they did have a 3 speed in them. That glove box is ths same as the 25s it ran up to around 1968 in the 40s as well. Acopple of pickies of one in the bush that is very very rusty,but a few good bits still on it. Had a great stearing box that fitted a 25 just great.

Yes, the eBay one. Not so sure about the "little" rust part! The more resto threads I read about these wagons the more worried I am about what else lurks beneath that paint. What is it with the fugly green paint on these rigs? I've seen pics of three oz 45v's with varying shades of snot....

A pity that Fraser rig doesn't have an ignition barrel. I am short one. If you happen by that way again give me a heads up and I'll shoot you a shopping list! :

Thanks Ian, Lup :)

Too cool.

I'd wondered where this one went.....glad you've got it.
Can't wait to hear all about the resurrection.
Very, very cool.

Cheers,
A.

:beer:

Hey Lup that looks ok . Mine has the rust around the inside of the roof like yours not much better than yours am not looking forward to tackling it at all. Mine is three speed on the floor and has the same interior lights one on each side door pillar. One thing the lenses on your rear indicators aren't original the bases look right though. should be lucas. Like these.

Cheers Steve

The dead heart:

From searching I believe the red brown colour could be undercoat. I can't recall seeing too many original engine bay pics in other threads - what colour should it be?

Yeah don't know what the go is there. Going off the pics of your interior yours was originally green so you would think the engine bay would be the same color. mine was originally grey in color and has the body color in the engine bay :confused:
http://s17.photobucket.com/user/sd99/media/cruiser wagon/1230.jpg.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom