Lunchbox (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
To be honest I dont really know how I ended up here on mud obsessed with my 60, it just happened. I guess it all started with my then new job, at the tire shop. I had recently left my family construction business and in doing that I decided that my company truck would be given back to my dad/partner as a token of good will. This left me without a DD so I did some looking around for something cheap. It didnt take long for my brother-inlaw to step up and lend me his Toyota, it was just until I found something I could buy. A few weeks passed and it was literally growing on me, I asked myself why not make an offer on this Toyota, it ran great had all the original stuff and I knew both the previous owners, plus the rig had less than 100k on it. Long story short the rig was mine for 3k and I was pumped.:popcorn:
So I had been working in the tire shop for a few weeks and was really starting to hate the stock tires that the 60 had on it, P225/75R15 were just laim not to mention worn out, so I decided on some bigger more aggressive mud tires. I ended up going with the Cooper STT in a 32/11.50R15 and still have them currently. At this point I was starting to realize what these rigs could be like and how much money you could sink into them.... :doh:
DSCN1010.jpg
DSCN1008.jpg

So winter came and went and I did a few small things here and there to improve an basically already mint rig, a full tune up was in order plugs wires cap rotor, fuel filter, air filter, new belts, and check and fix any vac leaks which by the way sucks as im sure you all know. My plan was to black out most of the rig in stages, first was pulling off all the chrome weather stripping and getting some black steel wheels (pro comp), being in the wheel and tire shop I was able to get alot of this stuff at wholesale and or cost;) One of the last things I wanted done was getting the windows all tinted which came out nice imho and only cost me a few hundred bucks.
005.jpg

Things were going great, I loved my rig and it served me well, until one dark morning before work. I was opening up the tire shop @ 5:30am, half awake I was dumping a large cardboard box from my new tv into the work cardboard bin, as I dropped the large box into the bin I turned and to my horror the lunchbox was rolling away and headed right into a large steel pole 25feet away from me, BOOM :eek::eek::eek:
So needless to say bumper was effed, and thankfully that was all that was damaged. Which led me to getting the ARB front bumper and the PIAA Aux lights:p. My wife still to this day insists that I intentionally crashed the cruiser to get the new bumper, heh
096.jpg
IMG00004-20100520-0643.jpg

I decided to do a few things on the inside of the 60 that were not a big deal but I had a CD/Ipod dock installed and added some new Goodyear floormats, but my favorite thing has to be my Moon shifter. Also included is my current mileage on my 84 2F engine. one of my favorite things was when I first looked in the glove box and found the original touch up paint provided by toyota, rock solid but still cool.
IMAG0184.jpg
IMAG0181.jpg
IMAG0182.jpg

My wife and I were having a couples baby shower and we all know the common gifts are stuff for the baby, well not at our shower. My best friend got me a freaking roof rack! My wife and I were pulling into the driveway after the shower and there it was, we both looked each other and knew right away who it was from. So I decided to get the full size spare wheel and tire to toss on top too:p
IMAG0185.jpg
IMG00091-20110307-1415.jpg

After adding all the extra weight to the 60 it was time to add some life to the suspension. A friend at work welded up some extended shackles for me so I went ahead and got a Man-a-fre AAL set. once it was all said and done we got between 3 and 4 inches of lift, not to bad for the cost
IMG00124-20110423-0911.jpg
IMG00125-20110423-0912.jpg
002.jpg

One of the most recent additions was my roof rack Piaa lights, which were a freaking pain to wire. Im still not sure I totally like the way I brought the wires down off the roof but :meh: I made it work. I also just recently had a magnaflow exaust put on, which considering the engine now seems like a total waste of money:doh:
IMAG0219.jpg
IMAG0275.jpg

So thats where I am today, still lots of stuff I was to do in the next year. I am currently in the market for a rear bumper tire swing, and some lockers put in too, last but not least will be the heart transplant. For me the 60 will always be a great do everything rig, camping dog hauling DD, I am lucky to have mine and will never get rid of it. I also want to thank all of you on mud, without your help I would not be where I am today. This website has been and continues to be a wealth of knowledge and inspiration. Enjoy mudders :flipoff2:

That is one clean truck! Looks great.
BUT please tell me, how did you figure out " at what speed the truck needs to travel too bend the bumper just enough too convince the:princess: you needed a new one?

Great looking rig. How long are the shackles that your friend made, and which set of AALs did you go with? Short, long?

I ask because that's about the exact amount of lift I'm looking to do eventually and it seems like a pretty cost effective way of accomplishing that.

Also, how did you fill in the holes left over from that snake blinder?

Blacked out.. !!!

I like it.. !!!

nice! have you sealed up the holes in your gutter so water doesn't creep in down the wires?

That's a great start to a very low mileage rig! Drilling a hole in the roof....not so good, but to each their own. You have the best color!

TK
You are right... I did not want to put a hole in the rain gutter but I guess I figured you cant make an omelette without breaking some eggs right?

That is one clean truck! Looks great.
BUT please tell me, how did you figure out " at what speed the truck needs to travel too bend the bumper just enough too convince the:princess: you needed a new one?
It took some serious calculations :eek:

Great looking rig. How long are the shackles that your friend made, and which set of AALs did you go with? Short, long?

I ask because that's about the exact amount of lift I'm looking to do eventually and it seems like a pretty cost effective way of accomplishing that.

Also, how did you fill in the holes left over from that snake blinder?
The shackles were 5 inches from center to center, the AAL were kinda tricky since I dont know exactly what the rears were from, all I know is they were from a order at my shop that never got installed or returned I wanna say they were from a f-250, the front AAL were the short stiff from Man-a-fre though. And I used some clear silicone to mend my snake bite. :beer:

nice truck man, lucky you have a lift to work on your rig!:cool: any engine pics?
thanks sk8, maybe If the weather permits I can snap a few for ya today, its not much to look at though:)

Looking good! I'm in the market for some more aggressive tires myself. You still recommend those Coopers now that you've driven on them a while? I love the black out tint - I may have to do that in the Spring.
Only tire I would consider going to would be the Goodyear DuraTrac for the added winter traction, but I still love the Coopers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom