Low oil pressure on 2021? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a 2021 LC yesterday… for all the obvious reasons… <6K on odometer. The oil pressure gauge runs steady at the one quarter point… highway or in town. As in 25%. Is this normal? This is my fourth Toyota 5.7 engine… it’s predecessors all ran at the halfway mark. Do I have a problem?

I bought a 2021 LC yesterday… for all the obvious reasons… <6K on odometer. The oil pressure gauge runs steady at the one quarter point… highway or in town. As in 25%. Is this normal? This is my fourth Toyota 5.7 engine… it’s predecessors all ran at the halfway mark. Do I have a problem?

Fourth 200? Or were the previous three Tundras? Not sure on the Tundra, but if 200, why is this one different? I seem to recall my 200, and previous LCs (100, 80) running at about 1/4 - 1/3 range on the oil pressure gauge. I think this is normal for LCs.

Welcome to Mud! That’s a common question on here for new owners. Here’s one example of a thread I found with a quick search.

Norma for sure but it has never made sense to me.

I followed y’all’s guidance out into the forum. Thanks for the steer. The wealth of info is great.
sdnative asked about my previous (3) 5.7 engines. They were Tundra, Sequoia, Sequoia… 500k plus miles… zero mechanical problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom