Low Fuel warning chime? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is your fuel low light working? I've never seen or heard of an audible low fuel warning before. I know when the mileage remaining on the binacle shows 0 (zero) miles remaining, I know I still have 10% more miles of whatever my tank was.
If one was clever enough (not me...) they could possibly tap into the sending unit and add a relay that goes off when the fuel level goes low. But one would have to know how the sending unit works. Is it like a potentiometer that as the level get lower, it reduces power to the gauge, thus lowering the needle? I'm just spit-wadding here.

Was just hoping I missed something. I know it drastically underestimates the remaining range, but I'd rather just know when it hits a 30-40 miles left and have the range remaining be somewhat accurate. I never notice that light until it's been on a while, especially on road trips.

That sounds about normal. There are a number of OBD fuel flow/usage PIDs I see with OBD Link but have never tested. I will see if I can find one that would at least be good backup to knowing how much fuel you have left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom