Lost Industries Introduction (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The racks are done and ready to ship in raw aluminum or black textured powdercoat. Most stuff is on my IG acct, still designing the new website. The tail gate cover replaces the carpet. I might make a 2nd version that has doors for making the tailgate storage but not yet.

As always feel free to call if you have any questions. Chris @ 602-616-5086

The racks are done and ready to ship in raw aluminum or black textured powdercoat. Most stuff is on my IG acct, still designing the new website. The tail gate cover replaces the carpet. I might make a 2nd version that has doors for making the tailgate storage but not yet.

As always feel free to call if you have any questions. Chris @ 602-616-5086

Ah, gotcha.

No offense intended but I've never had an IG account (or any social media beyond forums) and don't plan to make one for this. My initial questions (as I'm sure most would have) are pics/better descriptions and pricing. If you feel like posting that info here I'm pretty sure that would be helpful all around to potential sales. If the pics are on your phone and you'd rather simply text them let me know and I'll shoot you my number.

Thanks,
Evan

No offense taken. I'll post up some more pics and pricing tomorrow.

No offense taken. I'll post up some more pics and pricing tomorrow.

Sounds good, and no real rush. I likely won't be in a situation to actually purchase a rack for a couple months. Just doing my research now. Plus it's good motivation to work more hours!

I hadn't planned on selling it in kit form but I might be able to. Let me see if I'm happy with how the pieces all fit together for someone else to put together. Most of it is waterjetted with keys to locate all the parts in the correct spot.

Here's a few pictures of the rack. The 1st 2 pictures are the standard height rack and the 3rd is the low profile version. Both versions use a nice stainless steel adjustable latch with safety catch. 900 for either version in raw aluminum or black powdercoat/black anodized runners.

I also made a new aluminum tracbar for the front of my 80 about 2 months ago and thought some might be interested in them. It's lighter than factory which is always nice. Uses heims for a more precise/positive steering feel. 295 for the tracbars.

Edit: changed the price on the racks.

Last edited:
It's a great looking rack imo. It also takes resemblance to the Bowfin rack but costs $250 more (coated).

I hope you don't take offense to this either but I'd need to be sold on any features you think are different/better than the very well reviewed Bowfin. Feel free to fill us in on what's different!

Edit- I'm in the market for a rack in the next few months and am just doing research. Not just trying to blow smoke.

The Gen 2 bumper will be retroed to fit the 100 series with different mounting very soon.

As far as the racks go I can lower the price some if needed. Yah the bowfin and prinsu are all modular on design. I think I have a very clean latch setup compared to bowfin and definitely better than prinsu's bolt setup. The rack comes with the wind deflector, 9 cross bars, and stainless washers and hardware.

Last edited:
That rack looks a little too much like bowfin lol
I like how the bowfin uses bolts to lock it down. Harder to steal.

I like yours because competition is good for consumers.

Let's see the sliders!!

Yah rack looks similar to bowfin and prinsu, not much you can change there. Honestly I didn't even know about those companies till after I cut mine and a buddy came by with a prinsu. I design and build stuff every day. More than a few times I've made stuff and later seen some one else making it. Rear bumpers are next, then maybe sliders. My sliders will be clean and nice but my cats are not mounted like factory so making them fit other vehicles will require some redesign.

Heres my new version of the rack which I like better and it's actually stiffer from not having the huge cut outs.

1552236965677930625074.jpg

I will have tailgate covers finished in a week or so and ready to ship. They will be cut out of 5/16" thick Richlite phenolic material which is heat and water resistant. The 1st color I'm running is black since that's what I need for my 80.
Chris

View attachment 1894042
Did you get the the tailgate cover done? I'm curious to see how it turned out. thanks

Did you get the the tailgate cover done? I'm curious to see how it turned out. thanks

Yup cut a batch of them. Already put mine through some good use, shooting, food prep, and sweating drinks. Zero issues and very easy to clean.

20190301_151801.jpg

20190301_151815.jpg

I can offer my 100 for a week or 2 if you need it for development, Located in WY though.

I can offer my 100 for a week or 2 if you need it for development, Located in WY though.

My cousin has a 100 that I'm gonna get measurements off of this weekend for a few things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom