Lost Door Key (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I lost the keys to my FJ 60. I know I can get a locksmith or AAA to pop the door open. And I know that you can take off one of the front door lock cylinders to a Toyota dealer and have them cut a new key. Question:
Which door cylinder do you take to the dealer, the passenger side, or the driver's side?

IIRC it's the passenger side.

You don't have a spare key or anything? Get a few made and save some headache down the road :)

I found my spare keys by accident. When I first bought my 62, I was underneath her identifying leaks and just getting familiar with the truck, when I found two spare keys that over her lifetime previous owners had secreted away under the truck. One was tied up by the back end of the frame on the passenger side and the other one was in a magnetic key box in the cross member. I left them where I found them just in case.:D

I found my spare keys by accident. When I first bought my 62, I was underneath her identifying leaks and just getting familiar with the truck, when I found two spare keys that over her lifetime previous owners had secreted away under the truck. One was tied up by the back end of the frame on the passenger side and the other one was in a magnetic key box in the cross member. I left them where I found them just in case.:D

This make it very easy to steal your cruiser:grinpimp:

Passenger side. Make sure the dealer you go to knows what they're doing. They charged me $20 and didn't even put it on the right blank, the first time.

Kinda on the topic, I need a new driver side cylinder. If I buy a new one can they rekey to my car key.

IIRC it's the passenger side.

You don't have a spare key or anything? Get a few made and save some headache down the road :)

I hate to admit this, but I was working on the truck last week, and put the key somewhere in the house where I don't usually keep it. When I couldn't find it, I
figured it would turn up, and just used the spare key which I put in my wallet. Now I can't find either one, and I've turned my house and garage upside down looking for it. To make matters worse it's parked in the street, and I'll probably get a ticket if I don't move it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom