Loss of Miles!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I filled up the gas tank today and went to fig out how many miles I went on the last tank. My trip meter doesn't work most of the time.

I went 83 mi on a full tank of gas :confused:

Some how I lost some miles.

All I can think is when I push the trip meter reset it somehow affected the odmeter. Can it do that?

I can push the reset meter and I get the following:
it works
it doesn't work and the tenths only turn
it makes it up to 50 mi and the tenths only turn

If I push and pull the reset just right the trip meter works.

I checked the odmeter aginst the mile sticks on the hwy and it righ on.
The speedo is working too.

I did notice that the tach was jumping around again today. Could this be part of the problem?

didn't we go through this a few weeks ago Kurt? I had similar problems and then posted my solution on how to get the trip meter to work properly again and what to use. Did you try this or maybe missed the post. Mine has been working flawlessly since the service.

Have not had a chance to pull the speedo from the dash but could the trip meter affect the odmeter?

Rick,

My bro in law's trip odo is not working. Can you post a link to the thread? Thanks in advance!

DougM

Its like Christane.
The more you drive it soon it will start going backwards and become new again :D
Oh and Im a good person "No sheeter here" I dont need to end up on the wrong end of a 80 bumper ;p

After I checked that the odmeter was correct, I got gas after going 60 mi. I got 17.3 mpg.
This was all hwy driving at 70 mph with the ac on.

I read the thread and was not worried about fixin the trip meter as its not #1 on my parts bin list BUT the odmeter is.
I don't see how a stickin trip meter reset stick could affect the odmeter.
Do they run of the same gear in the head unit?

Got confused Kurt with all the carrying on about the trip meter I thought that was were the problem was. If your odometer is registering wrong the first thing I'd look at is if my speedo is corrrect. Maybe a chipped tooth or something like that. Is yours a cable connection between the two or a electrical one?

Yes this post is about my ODMETER not the trip meter. :doh:
I added the trip meter problem incase there was a link between them.

The last 60 miles I drove the odmeter was fine. I checked it aginst the mile markers on the interstate.
I will hook up the GPS radar detector, it reads out your speed via GPS along with it being a radar detector, and will check my speed.

Before I noticed the ODMETER was not workin, the tach was jumpin around. The speedo worked all the time.

If the speedo appears to be working properly I'm pretty sure the issue is with the odometr itself. From other posts it would seem they are not serviced seperately. However when I had mine out it looked very familiar to my wifes 4Runner. So maybe a junk yard might help out there.

There must be a link between the trip reset and the odmeter.
The wife was driving and the ODMETER stopped. She pushed and pulled the reset and the ODMETER started.

It would be :cool: if the ODMETER had a reset....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom