Losing desire to wheel as much anymore. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guess I'm getting old. I find I have less and less desire to wheel these days.

Maybe it's just the winter blues? I'm about sick of snow for one year. Guess that must be why it's supposed to snow again tonight....

Maybe I just need a beer and a thick juicy steak and watch some wheeling vids to get me back into the desire to wrench on things in the rain.

It's just a down turn. I go through phases as well, then the little bell goes off in my head and I'm ready to go.

The itch will come back.

Jack

The forecast of 5 buck a gallon fuel by summer doesn't help :rolleyes:

Freakin ridiculous....

Went to the Chevron by my house, and it was $3.69 for regular!! Premium was just under $4!

I think its just part of the winter time blues, Will. I think a bit of nice weather will help us all start to get those projects done!

Here in the Bay Area super is over 4$ a gallon, 4.11 to be exact. But, that's the price you gotta pay if you want a supercharger :)

As for wheeling blues..I guess it happens. Just find a different hobby to occupy yourself in the off times.

Jon

yeah even when you have a working rig you wont beable to afford to wheel it.....

Ever thought of trying geocaching? We went into the hills Saturday and found a couple. I have no desire to find the ones in town but I enjoy looking for them out in the desert. It's a nice complimentary activity to wheeling. It's a great time for kids too.

We also went up in the hills Friday and shot the 22 for a while.

I think I need a change. I've been building and working on things for the family. I need a project just for me.

I think I need a change. I've been building and working on things for the family. I need a project just for me.

1 ton scout? :D

I WISH I had this issue right about now. Getting kinda tired of building and just wanna wheel again.
Im in a FUUUUUUNNNNNK the last couple days too and I can only chalk it up to the weather. I get like this every winter though at about this time. It kinda unbearable now though.

Will, I think we all have felt like that at times. I have seen guys stop wheeling and sell their rigs and usually regret it. I have wheeled with a lot of people and they all have there reasons for enjoying the sport/pastime/hobby. I wheeled with a guy who did it cause it gave him a reason to drink, he loved it and seemed always to have a good time:cheers:. I have wheeled with guys who just loved to beat their rigs to a pulp getting over the hardest obstacle they could, they seemed to have fun til they broke. I have three boys who loved wheeling but just can't due to financial and other life concerns( Thell be baack). Even in this club we have seen people come and go for various reasons. I joined this club cause I saw that my boys would be leaving and I needed to have someone to wheel with--cause I can never give it up(addicted). I have been doing it since I was 17 and have always enjoyed it for the freedom it gives me to get away--whether camping or just exploring or the challenge it offers to do bigger and better things with my driving skills. I also like people who like the challenge like I do. Just the run up Eldorado with Gary was fun cause he was into it and wanted to push his new FJ to see what it would do. Helping him at this and getting thru was also a challenge for me. For me just to drive up Eldorado in the 4Runner by myself would have been unsafe but also boring albiet the day was beautiful and scenery was great. I know most of the guys in the club love wrenching. I don't like it that much but I like to keep my rig in shape so I have to do it. I guess what I am saying is that we all need to do what we like and stick with it and find ways to keep doing it. Decide what you like about wheeling and do that. The club has guys who like to wheel for alot of different reasons(Geocaching , shooting, etc.--like Rusty said). I love rockcrawling and there are some who like expedition stuff and some who like both. Find your niche and it will be fun--freedom is fun. Right. Just think about the first day out on a warm spring day and we all stop at a cool scenic place to have lunch and BS about the trail or other such nonsense. That will get you over the doldrums of this long snowy winter. Can't wait for that first obstacle!!:clap:

I think I have figured out the solution to my problem.

I don't have a "Me" rig. I have a "Tow Rig/Expo Rig" a "Family" wheeler, and a "Work Rig." What I need is a Buggy that is for me. Something to play with, that doesn't have to be capable of hauling a kid, dogs and the wife in.

It might not happen right away, but I think I'll start planning another one. I might wind up buying one if the economy keeps nose diving and rigs keep dropping in price. Otherwise I might just have to build what I've always wanted, and not what I have to do.

I think I have figured out the solution to my problem.

I don't have a "Me" rig. I have a "Tow Rig/Expo Rig" a "Family" wheeler, and a "Work Rig." What I need is a Buggy that is for me. Something to play with, that doesn't have to be capable of hauling a kid, dogs and the wife in.

It might not happen right away, but I think I'll start planning another one. I might wind up buying one if the economy keeps nose diving and rigs keep dropping in price. Otherwise I might just have to build what I've always wanted, and not what I have to do.

like this

Google Image Result for http://www.treehugger.com/horse-buggy-amish.jpg

If you can figure out how to take the stink out of horse poop and put boggers on it, I'd probably drive it all over the hills out here.

we all get that way now me and my wife have our own rigs but i have to do a motor in my rig and a drive line in the the wifes. I also play paintball so tryin to get rig rdy and wifes rig can be a bummer but will happen its part of the hobby and livin u get the doldrums sometimes but somethin will spark it that interest again i assure u it wil happen. my problem is i have to many projects goin at once but thats the way it goes it keeps me busy and on trck for the most part. we all go through it but u have to look at what makes u happy and what u like doin to get a grip on it ULL see. I think ur alot like me in that respect so keep the Faith brother and ull see the path man we all get alittle lost on the way

Dan :cheers::steer::bounce::bounce2:

So Will did you ever find a "blue pill" for your wheeling problem?

I think I just came up with a name for your next build. :flipoff2:

funny you mention a blue pill....

That's the color of my donor rig.

03122011126.jpg

Man u gotta stop playin with that Blue thing and start playin with the yellow thing thats the problem right there TOYOTA Yellow Dodge BAD but keep tryin LOL kinda like a heep very bad

Dan :cheers::steer::bounce::bounce2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom