Looking.....:) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think it is time to upgrade from our 2010 LX570.

I have been looking in the local area (KC) for a "newer" 200 series. Not many out there. One of the dealers has a '16 with 10K on it, asking 72K. Seems pretty high to me. They also have a '15 with a bit less miles for 69K.

I have not looked at either of them yet, but it looks like there were significant changes (upgrades) to the '16.

The long term plan is to drive it, and as it gets more age/miles on it, start building it for exploration off road duties.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I think it is time to upgrade from our 2010 LX570.

I have been looking in the local area (KC) for a "newer" 200 series. Not many out there. One of the dealers has a '16 with 10K on it, asking 72K. Seems pretty high to me. They also have a '15 with a bit less miles for 69K.

I have not looked at either of them yet, but it looks like there were significant changes (upgrades) to the '16.

The long term plan is to drive it, and as it gets more age/miles on it, start building it for exploration off road duties.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Both of those prices sound high to me, if the money is even close, go with the 16 forsure(IMO)

I agree with Kreiten- little high with those prices but I'd go for the 2016 if I was in the market.

I agree, go with the '16. I'd shoot for $65k and see what they say.

Isn't MSRP on these like 85 grand new? Hard to believe they'd knock $20k off the price. Either that or I get ripped off a lot. :-D

Anyway, I checked the dealer here in Florida I bought my (used - 2008) 200 at, and they have a deal this weekend where they'll pay MSRP (when new) for your trade as long as it's a 1990 or newer, minus mileage (anywhere from 10-50 cents per mile depending on model), with a minimum calculation of 12k miles per year. They have a new 2016 black 200 series listed for $77,900. Given your late model car, it may be worth looking into. Not sure where you live though. PM me if you want their info.

Invoice is 76K. I have bought my back in Nov $500 over invoice. Dealer gets 3% back from factory at the end of the year, so below 73-74k they are usually in red. On a demo they are willing to go in red, but for sure not into 65k range. I would push for 70k which should be a solid deal.

Of course the 16 is the way to go. I wouldn't even consider 15. If want to save money and like the less updated version, I would look at 13-14 with low miles.

I agree, go with the '16. I'd shoot for $65k and see what they say.

I could sell my '14 for $65 and it be sold in 48hrs. I have had two offers on it from this site when I posted recently about the thought of selling it to buy a '16. $72k on a super clean almost new '16 is a good deal.

72k on a '16 is a good deal with only 10k miles on it. See if they would throw in the 100k mile warranty and jump on the deal. Worth every penny

Thanks for the input everyone. I am waiting to hear back from them. We'll see where it goes from there.

I'm surprised the tax incentives for new corporate buyers isn't putting more downward pressure on the later year used market. Maybe "surprised" isn't the right word; used prices are wacky across the board. In my area sellers are uniformly asking ~10% off of MSRP for 1-2 year old 4Rs and Tacos. If your use qualifies for the deduction, buying new at $76k would make sense.

Good luck Merle! FWIW I bought my 2014 with 25K miles for $58K and used the 20K discount from new to pay the build up. It was still under warranty and looked brand new

So both of the used rigs sold this past week. I did test drive a new one (in the color I like), and was very impressed.

One thing I did not like was the rear seat entertainment. Since we do not have kids, the big screes hanging off the back of the front seats look like h#$$, and I am afraid of them getting scratched, etc. I know you can find covers for them, but are they removable?

So both of the used rigs sold this past week. I did test drive a new one (in the color I like), and was very impressed.

One thing I did not like was the rear seat entertainment. Since we do not have kids, the big screes hanging off the back of the front seats look like h#$$, and I am afraid of them getting scratched, etc. I know you can find covers for them, but are they removable?

They're not removable... but the covers come with the truck. I *have* kids and I don't like them. I'm hoping somebody will eventually make blanks to fit the hole so they can be taken out.

I *have* kids and I don't like them.

Wow man... that's mean... My daughter sometimes upsets me but, I'd never say that...:D

All kidding aside, best of luck OP with getting a '16. They look amazing!

Regarding the screens, I have to agree/disagree. We debated getting an older LX with the screen on the roof due to how the seatback screens looked in the '13+. I'm happy we went with a '13 because our daughter (2 yo) is always entertained with Daniel Tiger or the like. Now my wife can't see how we'd live without them.

My gut tells me it will depend on the age of the people who sit back there if they use 'em or not. Older kids will surely much rather be on a mobile device vs. something affixed to the seat with cumbersome controls.

If your biggest hangup is the screens, you could consider removing them and fashioning a blank to cover the exposed hardware.

There are pictures in the forum somewhere showing what you are left with once they are pulled. I didn't think it looked like it would be too hard to make something out of wood that attached using the factory mounting points.

Thanks for the replies. I will do some searching to see if I can find pics of what it looks like with them removed.

Wow man... that's mean... My daughter sometimes upsets me but, I'd never say that...:D

All kidding aside, best of luck OP with getting a '16. They look amazing!

Regarding the screens, I have to agree/disagree. We debated getting an older LX with the screen on the roof due to how the seatback screens looked in the '13+. I'm happy we went with a '13 because our daughter (2 yo) is always entertained with Daniel Tiger or the like. Now my wife can't see how we'd live without them.

My gut tells me it will depend on the age of the people who sit back there if they use 'em or not. Older kids will surely much rather be on a mobile device vs. something affixed to the seat with cumbersome controls.

...bad wording, I suppose. :) I'll add that, even with the annoyance of the rear video screens, I still prefer the '16 MY. I love this truck. I prefer the new front end styling and the updated features to the previous year models. I almost selected a '15 demo with 6k miles, but after seeing the '16 my mind was made up.

Drove the '16 yesterday. Loved it. Handled great. Much "stiffer" than my Lexus. Wife loved it...which makes life easier. Seemed like they offered us a good deal all in. If you value our trade at what the other dealers put on it, the LC would be 76,500.

My only complaint thus far is those stupid DVD screens........knowing that I will never use them makes it that much worse.

Drove the '16 yesterday. Loved it. Handled great. Much "stiffer" than my Lexus. Wife loved it...which makes life easier. Seemed like they offered us a good deal all in. If you value our trade at what the other dealers put on it, the LC would be 76,500.

My only complaint thus far is those stupid DVD screens........knowing that I will never use them makes it that much worse.

I just heard the MY17 comes with removable screens. Just kidding but what did you end up getting the rig for and you must take pics;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom