Looking to Purchase - Cost Est for Service Due (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a GX 470 and came across a 2007 with a really good service history every 5k miles at a dealership and 121k miles listed for $11.8k. Interior is clean.

Looking on Lexus Drivers though, the last service that was performed (120k miles) before it was traded in noted the following:

FOUR WHEEL ALIGNMENT
PADS, BRAKE (FRONT) -REPLACE AND RESURFACE ROTORS OFFVEHICLE
RACK AND PINION, STEERING -REPLACE
SPRING AIR, REAR SUSPENSION - REPLACE
BATTERY - REPLACE

This was declined by the customer.

Timing belt and water pump service has been completed. While the pricing seems lower than comparable, what would the cost est be on these outstanding items? There is also some scrape damage on the front bumper (below). Does the deal seem reasonable?

2020-05-13.jpg

Good price for that year/miles. Be sure it's a TX truck and not a Minnesota rust bucket.

$350+ to fix the bumper professionally. The rest depends a bit on whether the rack/pinion is moist or gushing. Rear air springs may be chafed, but perhaps not leaking? - who knows.

You need to see the truck up close or have a shop evaluate these problems, as they represent $2K-3K if you have a shop fix them all.

My steering rack was replaced @96k, also a TX truck its whole life. That's the only repair I'd farm out, the bags are an easy swap.

My steering rack was replaced @96k, also a TX truck its whole life. That's the only repair I'd farm out, the bags are an easy swap.
can I ask what that cost? I don’t know that my rack needs to be replaced but i Suspect my power steering pump might be going out which makes me wonder about the rack.

can I ask what that cost? I don’t know that my rack needs to be replaced but i Suspect my power steering pump might be going out which makes me wonder about the rack.

I bought the truck @101k...dunno the cost, just saying it seems somewhat common...they replaced the entire rack over some boot leaks...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom