looking for non-vid screen double din Toyota radio suggestion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have not found happyness (android bluetooth hell) with the touch screen 2dins I've installed in my 1994 fzj80 and would love to hear if anyone knows of a non touch screen stock Toyota radio from any other model that would fit and work in my fzj? Hopefully, it would have the ability to plug in an "Aux" input so I could put in an aftermarket bluetooth adapter (like I did for my wife's 2006 Rav4)...any verified fits that you have used? thanx!

Search for Scion radio

The Scion radio by Alpine has some nice sound quality features (Toyota TP545-00102, Alpine MFTY802A). The one by Pioneer has the nice screen (Toyota PT546-00140, Pioneer CVH-2238ZT).

Usually you have to do some modifications to get the AUX input to work. I don't remember what those are exactly, but make sure you search that too.

I had my local Crutchfield store install a relatively cheap Pioneer FH-X731BT head unit. They ran a nice mic up the side for cell phones and even matched the stereo color and brightness to the green of the dash. I love it and best of all I don't need to take my eyes off the road to change volume or channels.

Best part about this is, in my opinion, there's a USB slot on the right. I bought a USB flash drive that is stubby and doesn't stick out much. Loaded all my MP3's on there and now I don't even need to keep music on an iPod or phone, just browse through the head unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom