Looking For Help, P0500 100 Series LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi GCLC,

I hope everyone is well and staying warm.

I'm reaching out to see if anyone has a good mechanic that can take a look/give me some advice/help with a code my truck is throwing.

I recently updated my aftermarket stereo and also had a backup camera installed in my 100 series LX. As soon as I picked it up from the shop that did the work the truck threw a P0500 code. I've done a deep dive on the forums and it looks like the code has been directly related to installs like this for others. I took it to a mechanic in my neighborhood and he did a diagnostic, of course, what came back for him was gauge cluster failure....

The cluster is working just fine and I'm having no issues with the speedo or RPM. The truck is running as normal and I really need someone honest who can assess/correct the stereo install.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best,

Chase Richardson

Have you cleared the code? Does it keep coming back?

Try taking it to an Auto Zone or NAPA and have them clear the code.

Why not return to the place that updated the stereo?

You can buy an inexpensive OBDC II bluetooth scan tool from Amazon and download the Torque app from the Playstore. Scan the codes, get info on issues and clear the codes from the cars computer.

Of course my assumption is that everything is ok but the install caused the code. Seeing everything is working correctly, getting the code cleared should do it.

hi, there is one wire from the stereo that take the driving speed for stereo volume adjustment...... ask someone to disconnect it and you are done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom