looking for fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a cheap fj 40 to be my first. I am also looking for a exhaust manifold and starter for my dad's 1970 fj 40. Thanks.

Cheap or cheap for an FJ40? Cause I think of cheap as $1,000, I think of cheap for an FJ as $4,000...

I found a real project vehicle on my way home from work - needs a motor I think, leaky, rear tub bondoed together, etc., also no title. It is a Dec. '74 vehicle with a 4spd and F series motor. I stopped and spoke with the owner today and he said $1,000, then $700, then one time offer of $500. For someone who is willing to undertake a project, at $500 it is probably a good deal.

Heck, I could swear someone around here is trying to give away an F motor...

Edit: Sell an F motor 'cheap'.

-Spike

Last edited:
Blues Dawg said:
I found a real project vehicle on my way home from work - needs a motor I think, leaky, rear tub bondoed together, etc., also no title. It is a Dec. '74 vehicle with a 4spd and F series motor. I stopped and spoke with the owner today and he said $1,000, then $700, then one time offer of $500. For someone who is willing to undertake a project, at $500 it is probably a good deal.
Where???????

Relix said:
Where???????

Southeast Phoenix, not to far from the airport - I met the owner yesterday, I'm a little leery of the no title. I can swing by on my way home from work and jot down the VIN...

Got it - FJ40189065 if anyone's interested...:cool:

Last edited:
freightdog said:
Mine is still for sale -

cheap to me is $6500

Jeff!!! You are still out there! :cheers: man!

Hope you're doing well.

FJ40

I have a few that could be your first. A 69 in good shape all origional, no rust, top and doors, pulled engine. 2k and a 72 painted a bunch but is all there and works 3.5K

E-mail pix?

Can you e-mail some pix of these rigs if you still have them? Where are you located?
-Norm

norm.in.az@cox.net

60 or 40?

I saw the 40's out there on Saturday and it really made me miss mine. So I thought I'd check into both possibilities. A 60 fits better with the family picture right now but my selffish side wants another 40 really badly. At least the wife is open to a project of some type. That's good!

I figured that was the case when I saw you in the pics - it was Payette what made me want to get another rig.

I'm still pondering the sale of my 1978 FJ40 with a 3F-E in it. Pure stock Toyota except the air filter. Dunno about that cheap though. PM/reply if interested?

There was a white 60's vintage (65?) for sale in North Tucson, sittting on 1st St about 1/2 mile south of Ina.

Can't recall the price. Looked in pretty decent shape - leaky knuckles, but had an auxillary fuel takn installed. Interior was OK, Hard top.

I think the price was about $3k

Rocky

PS> I should have written down all the info!

I saw this one for sale in Flagstaff this weekend, actually Mountainaire, for $4K. It 'appeared' relatively rust free, but otherwise fairly beat. I think I still have a phone number somewhere if anyone is interested. No hard top and the rag top is trashed. Its a 76, with a 2F and headers.
MountainaireFJ40.jpg

A neihbor up here in Prescott is selling his running 72 for only $2k - I was thinking of grabbing it but will have to wait.

Has a hardtop with a roof rack bolted through, both fenders are beat up and he's replaced the bench seats with buckets. It's white with surface rust here and there. original suspension.

Call me if you want more info 928-775-0707

Another 40 joins the club.

Well, I joined CSC officially 2 months ago as an FJC owner. And can't thank you guys enough for making the new Cruiser owners welcome. After seeing all the nice 40's at the Sonic meets and on the trail rides it made me miss my old one so bad that I couldn't take it anymore. Thanks to Centralworks (Colin) I picked up a nice '71 40 project truck. Let my second affair begin.

Bear with me, I'm going to have lots of questions and ask a lot of opinions as to what the best mods and upgrades are. The top three on my list are: get a running 2F, front disc brakes, and power steering. Feel free to weigh in on those topics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom