Looking for feedback on Venturcraft trailer value (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sdnative

SILVER Star
Threads
Putting a feeler out there. I am at a crossroads with my 97 Venturcraft trailer and considering letting it go. I love it, but it's a bit too small for our typical camping outings and do not use it as much as I want. I am pretty tall and have to sleep at an angle. With two of us, this means one of us is cramped. If it's just me, I can sleep in the truck. If it's more than two of us we need a tent anyway.

It is pretty good shape for it's age, but needs a few things fixed. Tent is in decent shape but has a few small patched holes in the canvas, and a couple of holes in the vestibule screen.

It has nearly new 31x10.5x15 tires and a spare that fits in the tub.

I recently took it on a trip to Death Valley where the aluminum frame that goes around the perimeter of the tub developed a couple of cracks. I have it taken apart right now to have the frame welded and was quoted $150. This would involve removing a few rivets to separate the frame from the fiberglass lid. Also, the electrical wiring needs to be replaced.

Like I said, I am at a crossroads anyway and wanted to put it here to see if there was interest either the way it is now, or after I put the couple hundred bucks into it to get it fixed.

If I can't get what I want out of it, I'll probably fix it up and just keep it in the family.

Any feedback on pricing on these trailers nowadays? What can I reasonably expect to get for it?

Thanks in advance

Hi SD - I purchased a RTT and as such, I ended up selling mine ~1.5 years ago. I was able to get $2.65k for it. It was in pretty decent shape, nothing broken and the canvas was pretty solid. I had 31" tires on it and she was fitted with Tundra 5 spoke rims. I had both the hard top and a soft top. The buyer was an avid road cyclist and he wanted to use it for cycling events - so there is a market outside of the 4WD community. I used Craigslist to offer it to the market.

I've seen them sell for well over $3k so set your price and see what the market will bear. I think the camping trailer market is pretty hot these days.

^ thanks for the info, that's helpful. I'll post it on Craigslist as well.

Last edited:
If anyone here is interested, send me an offer.

I can send additional pictures if anyone wants to see something specific.

I will be heading out to Phoenix in a couple weeks (early May) and can bring it with me if that makes it easier.

I can get some pictures this afternoon

Last edited:
Thoughts and/or opinions? I figure the CSC folks would know more than anyone about these given how many of these have passed through your club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom