Looking for bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1993 KZJ78 and I am looking for an ARB styler bumper and I am having trouble finding and verifying what I'm looking for. Is there a specific site I should use? And are the bumpers of the 80s series the same fit?

I have an ARB bumper on my LJ78; since ARB doesn't make a bumper specifically for the Prado a standard narrow nose 70-series has to be trimmed to fit. An 80-series bumper won't work due to the extra width of the 80 and the frame rail spacing. @Shyrock has a Dobinsons bumper on his 78, it seems to fit the Prado front end better than the ARB. I think Ironman makes a bumper that would work too.

I have an ARB bumper on my LJ78; since ARB doesn't make a bumper specifically for the Prado a standard narrow nose 70-series has to be trimmed to fit. An 80-series bumper won't work due to the extra width of the 80 and the frame rail spacing. @Shyrock has a Dobinsons bumper on his 78, it seems to fit the Prado front end better than the ARB. I think Ironman makes a bumper that would work

What bumper did you get and how did you trim it?

Mine is the ARB 3412130, it's the Deluxe winch compatible bar for '85-'06 70-series.
Here's some info about modifying it to fit:

I have an ARB bumper on my LJ78; since ARB doesn't make a bumper specifically for the Prado a standard narrow nose 70-series has to be trimmed to fit. An 80-series bumper won't work due to the extra width of the 80 and the frame rail spacing. @Shyrock has a Dobinsons bumper on his 78, it seems to fit the Prado front end better than the ARB. I think Ironman makes a bumper that would work too.
Cruiser Outfitters can help you with the ARB bumper. But yes, you will have to trim the bumper to fit the 78.
My son had a Dobinsons bumper on his BJ75. It fit the Prado without trimming the vehicle. We did have to open up some of the holes slightly on the bumper. The ARB bumper seems to be a bit more heavy duty than the Dobinsons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom