Looking for a Transfer Case for a '94 FZJ80 So. Cal/Central Coast (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No.... did your die??

No.... did your die??
It did. My CDL stopped engaging a few months back and I finally made time to get under and inspect. I replaced the actuator but no luck - then discovered my breather hose was not only dry, cracked, and split but also completely disconnected from the rear of the transfer case. Sooooo possibly Afton Canyon water got in there or just who knows what. I took it to SD Trux and John thinks could be water or could not be water - their diagnostic determined power is getting to everything it needs to. In any case, to tear into it is more cost prohibitive than just tracking down a used one and swapping it out. Good thing I extended my diff breathers and never even looked at my tcase/transmission since you know - they're tied into the trans stick. 🤦‍♂️

Watch out he bites.
🤔 No bites - just the transfer case. ;) Curious now if anyone has done the Sumo low range gear swap from Kurt or Valley Hybrids and whether you've liked the results. How many banana job is that one? Figure it's definitely one of those 'while I'm in there' jobs.

Curious now if anyone has done the Sumo low range gear swap from Kurt or Valley Hybrids and whether you've liked the results. How many banana job is that one? Figure it's definitely one of those 'while I'm in there' jobs.

Yes got the parts from @cruiseroutfit and was very happy with the service and support. Install was simple enough did a part Time kit and a UD while I was in there. Well worth the effort and happy with the results. Somple enough jobs nothing to be scared of, few good video's from @OTRAMM on how to do it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom