looking for a test connector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I am looking for a test connector similar to pic#4 that will connect to the soloneid in pic #1-3. This is a lift arm solenoid for a toro fairway mower. It is in a very difficult place to test ohms on a potentially failed unit so I was hoping to get a connector that I could plug in and check the leads that way.

Thanks for your help

IMG_20170208_092906_435.jpg

IMG_20170208_093000_270.jpg

IMG_20170208_092743_490.jpg

IMG_20170208_093125_010.jpg

post a pic of the end of the male connector. It looks a lot like a standard 2 pin weather pack connector from the picture you have

The male picture is just for reference on a connector I am looking for and does not plug into the solenoid as the ends are different. The solenoid has a notch in it and requires a different plug. I will try to get a pic of the actual wire harness tomorrow.

This picture is the actual wire harness. Looking for a test connector wit this style end. It is approx 7/16 wide and 1/2 long. Any help is appreciated. 2 wire unit.

IMG_20170210_123033_343.jpg

IMG_20170210_123047_190.jpg

i would suggest going to an electrical supplier website like digikey or waytek, and looking thru the catalog to find one that matches up. Look on the connector for a brand name. Looks like it might be a delphi. Another option would be to just put the female pins you need on lengths of wire. If its just for testing you dont really need the connector body.

I was going to suggest test probes with long pin ends. Yeah, it's a PITA holding them, but the barrier will keep the probes from touching each other.

I also have a bunch of ends from various connectors crimped onto short wires for testing. I'd select one of the right size for the pins in the connector, and slip them on.

Thanks for the replies. Searching the web I found this

Metri Pack Terminals | Electrical Terminal Service

The connector I found was a metripack 150. I ordered it from e bay 5 for 10$ with free shipping. Worked perfect.

Also I found from a Lawson rep that I could purchase the housings seperatly as well. Apparently the connectors were used in GM applications as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom