Looking for a high capacity radiator for my 91 HDJ81. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So this is a 3FE radiator and this bolts up to the hdj81 without modifications???
It’s actually the same exact one. Just no heat exchanger for an automatic transmission.

It’s actually the same exact one. Just no heat exchanger for an automatic transmission.
thanks I was wondering about the position of the hoses and the fan shroud.

I’ve noticed I run a lot cooler when I did not plumb coolant lines to the turbo. Im running a TD05-18G, 19psi, post turbo (at the dump) EGT never goes above 850F, coolant temp stay below 190F, when climbing long uphill (fully armored and loaded with camping gear). I am not intercooled but running a 3” exhaust and a snorkel. My IP setting is 7 clicks clockwise for the boost conpensator, and top fuel screw at 1/2 turn. Lots of Aussies who run journal bearing turbos don’t run coolant lines through it. I just make sure EGT is 300F before shutting the engine. I’ve been running for about 5k km so far and no issues.

Just a thought!

I’ve noticed I run a lot cooler when I did not plumb coolant lines to the turbo. Im running a TD05-18G, 19psi, post turbo (at the dump) EGT never goes above 850F, coolant temp stay below 190F, when climbing long uphill (fully armored and loaded with camping gear). I am not intercooled but running a 3” exhaust and a snorkel. My IP setting is 7 clicks clockwise for the boost conpensator, and top fuel screw at 1/2 turn. Lots of Aussies who run journal bearing turbos don’t run coolant lines through it. I just make sure EGT is 300F before shutting the engine. I’ve been running for about 5k km so far and no issues.

Just a thought!
I’m running a Gturbo green at 18psi. I’m not a fan of it in the slightest. I’m running my egt probe preturbo. I’ve seen 1250°f. I have a HKS turbo timer that has 3 settings: 60 seconds, 180 seconds, and 190° oil temp. I pay close attention to all of my numbers when I’m driving. When it comes to a turbo, I’m going to a ball bearing next. Did I say that I hate the Gturbo yet?

I got my radiator in from Cruiser Outfitters, everything fits great -

uis64CF.jpg

Quick question for the parts gurus - I ordered new radiator hoses and clamps. They all worked great except for the lower hose. There's a section on one that's slightly larger and the hose clamp from the Partsouq diagram (9611110490) isn't quite large enough.

EL5csyr.jpg

YHVyRBt.jpg

The clamp is 50mm ID fully extended, and I probably need a few more mm to fit it over the hose + water inlet. Sorry I know it's a little OCD but you know how it is, I'd like to stay OEM vs using a breeze clamp. Is there a better, slightly larger OEM hose clamp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom